The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Guest Bob Mahelp
43 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Warner and Bancroft walk out to thunderous boos and a rendition of “cheats, cheats, cheats”

The footballisation of English cricket is complete. 

Guest Moomintroll
1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Fortunately they are very good at spotting use of sandpaper. So swings and roundabouts, I’d say.

They even needed help from a cameraman to catch that.

Australia's soft middle order going to be exposed here. Madness to bat first...they'll be all out for 150 by tea.

Hmm.

Umpire is fucking horrendous. Warner was actually out, then actually in (which Bancroft bizarrely said was out). That LBW call on Smith was so ridiculous that even Smith looked embarrassed for Aleem Dar.

Aleem Dar is, apparently, one of the most genuinely likeable people in cricket. Unfortunately he’s a consistently poor umpire.

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Hmm.

Aleem Dar is, apparently, one of the most genuinely likeable people in cricket. Unfortunately he’s a consistently poor umpire.

I think he had a poor world cup, as did Marais Erasmus...who seem to be sucked in by the occasion at Lords and gave England the benefit a couple of horrendous decisions.

Australia still heading for 150 all out. Paine should be shot for choosing to bat first. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

I think he had a poor world cup, as did Marais Erasmus...who seem to be sucked in by the occasion at Lords and gave England the benefit a couple of horrendous decisions.
Australia still heading for 150 all out. Paine should be shot for choosing to bat first. 

Was it Erasmus who was the umpire when Moeen Ali overturned/survived five DRS reviews?

Guest Moomintroll
Just now, Tarmo Kink said:

Now Siddle given out, actually not out

This is comfortably some of the worst umpiring I have seen at any level of the game.

Surely there is no need for neutral umpiring anymore?With DRS etc it’s not like they can get away with cheating. Saw on twitter that there is 12 umpires on the ICC elite panel, but only 5 are eligible for the ashes because of this rule...