bewlay

The Cricket Thread

Guest Moomintroll
3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
12 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
His previous FC best was 66 so has smashed that, hope he makes it to 100.

He's scored more today than he has in the whole season so far.

He's getting a few lives here but he deserves them.

Looks like a choice between Dominic Sibley & Leach atm, seriously though, incredible how much this pitch has changed in the space of 24 hours but I think Ireland's chance is gone here. Cannot see Root, Bairstow et al failing so spectacularly again.

Jinx.

Guest Moomintroll
2 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Jinx

Do you want to know my lottery numbers so you know which ones not to pick?

Well aren't I a jinx.
4 wickets for 23 runs when the ball is doing the square root of feck all. Stunning stuff. Brutal stuff by Root to cause the run out.

Guest Moomintroll
Just now, peasy23 said:
40 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
Well aren't I a jinx.

4 wickets for 23 runs when the ball is doing the square root of feck all. Stunning stuff. Brutal stuff by Root to cause the run out.

Agreed, that was a shocker, almost Pakistan batsman levels of WTF were you thinking.

And Root goes, Wilson dropped him earlier but took a good catch this time. 239-7, lead by 117.

What we thinking England need a lead of here? Semi-realistically here I’m thinking they need 200ish and hope for a good bowling performance. All out by tonight would be a disaster.

Guest Moomintroll

Wouldn't like to put money on this either way, if Broad can get another 15 runs here that might just swing it.

I favour England from here, but this sort of total only need 1 good partnership to get them there. 

If I wasn't so emotionally invested in the England team I'd say that this is a cracking test match!

Scotland’s Callum McLeod scored 17 for the Toronto Nationals in the Global T20 Canada tonight. Outscored Brendon McCullum, Yuvraj Singh and Chris Gayle. Sixes galore as Kieron Pollard hit 30* off 13 balls, Andre Russell still to come in too...

Scotland’s Callum McLeod scored 17 for the Toronto Nationals in the Global T20 Canada tonight. Outscored Brendon McCullum, Yuvraj Singh and Chris Gayle. Sixes galore as Kieron Pollard hit 30* off 13 balls, Andre Russell still to come in too...

His team lost comfortably though, destroyed by Vancouver Knights by a Chadwick Walton-Rassie van der Dussen partnership of 126.

His team lost comfortably though, destroyed by Vancouver Knights by a Chadwick Walton-Rassie van der Dussen partnership of 126.

I honestly didn’t think Chadwick was a real name.

Guest Moomintroll

Stuart Broad is on trial here, if he doesn't skittle Ireland then Jimmy & Jofra are the new ball partnership.

Stuart Broad is on trial here, if he doesn't skittle Ireland then Jimmy & Jofra are the new ball partnership.

Time for James Vince to return at the top of the order IMO.

Guest Moomintroll

Time for James Vince to return at the top of the order IMO.
Jeebus no, it is Dom Sibley time. It is quite astonishing that the EWCB cannot find a halfway decent top order batsman. Throw in Sibley, Roy & Donald & accept you can't get worse. Give Joe Root a crack & point out he is an excellent 2nd spin option as he appears to be unable to accept that & bat at 3.