The Cricket Thread

bewlay

44 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

So out the squad for the first ashes test I'd expect those to miss out to be Curran, Stone and one of Woakes or Broad. Assuming everyone else is fit

Roy

Burns

Denly

Root

Bairstow

Stokes

Buttler

Ali

Woakes

Broad

Anderson

I don't think Archer will play in the first test, but will come into the team for the second test if he's fit and England are behind or if the first test is drawn.   Put Curran in for Broad, and that's just a ridiculously strong batting lineup.  Curran's a hard guy to leave out.    Broad is pretty much living test to test, but I thought he was good against Ireland.

Roy
Burns
Denly
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Buttler
Ali
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

I don't think Archer will play in the first test, but will come into the team for the second test if he's fit and England are behind or if the first test is drawn.   Put Curran in for Broad, and that's just a ridiculously strong batting lineup.  Curran's a hard guy to leave out.    Broad is pretty much living test to test, but I thought he was good against Ireland.

Add Curran, Archer and Stone to that 11 and that’s your squad.

Scotland’s Kyle Coetzer is playing for Montreal Tigers just now. The game has been reduced to 12 overs a side. Him and Sunil Narine have managed to rack up 30 runs in just 2 overs...

Today he scored 26 (highest in his team) as they made 101.

George Munsey is smashing Brampton Wolves’ way to chasing that score along with Lendl Simmons. They have 82 already in less than 6 overs.

Guest Moomintroll
They have chased it....scoring 102/0 in 6.4 overs. 63* for Scotland’s Munsey, 5 4s and 6 6s!
He could be a revelation in next years T20 World Cup if he maintains his current form.

3 hours ago, Crroma said:

Had no idea there was a 20 20 game series being played in Scotland!

It really is excellent for the game here. I did not expect them to draw in the big names that they have, and it can only benefit the local guys getting to train and play alongside them. Gutted I can't make any of the games this time, but will definitely be making the effort next year.

Vancouver Knights made 276/3 tonight in a T20! Chris Gayle hitting 122* off 54 balls. That managed to overshadow Tobias Visee’s 51 off 19 ( [emoji33] ) and Rassie van der Dussen’s 56 off 25

Root to bat at 3 at Edgbaston, with Burns and Roy opening, according to sky sports. That's definitely the sensible outcome, but I'm really surprised they've done it. No indication as to the rest of the side, though I imagine it means Denly misses out.

Denly at 4 apparently although the long term plan is for Roy to bat there with another opener being found.

Got some gardening to do tomorrow (more like tree surgery tbh) so going to stick TMS on the BBC Sounds App while I potter about. Ideal summer day. I know I'm in the minority but I hope the Aussies stuff the English. Think it will be 3-2 one way or another with a couple of three day victories due to appalling batting and superb bowling.

Guest Moomintroll
Got some gardening to do tomorrow (more like tree surgery tbh) so going to stick TMS on the BBC Sounds App while I potter about. Ideal summer day. I know I'm in the minority but I hope the Aussies stuff the English. Think it will be 3-2 one way or another with a couple of three day victories due to appalling batting and superb bowling.
Weather permitting I think the same, can see some spectacular batting collapses on both sides due to the quality of the bowlers involved (if they stay fit) & the more prominent seam on the Dukes ball they are using from last year. Any batsman scoring 500+ runs for the series will be doing very well.

Weather permitting I think the same, can see some spectacular batting collapses on both sides due to the quality of the bowlers involved (if they stay fit) & the more prominent seam on the Dukes ball they are using from last year. Any batsman scoring 500+ runs for the series will be doing very well.

Yeah it’s going to be a ball Ashes rather than a batting one. Can see it being tight, wouldn’t be surprised if either side sneaked it or it is a draw overall.

Gower definitely and assumed Botham as well being binned by Sky after this series. Not too fussed about the latter but think Gower is still a decent anchorman. 

Think home advantage and the series being played so late in the summer will sway it for England.