The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Guest Moomintroll

If Mark Wood can keep his ankle intact then England are winning this World Cup & the Aussies are going to get hammered in the Ashes.

If Mark Wood can keep his ankle intact then England are winning this World Cup & the Aussies are going to get hammered in the Ashes.

Anderson, Wood, Archer, Stokes and Woakes is a terrific bowling line up in English test conditions.

You’ve always got Broad if Wood’s chocolate ankle melts again.

He’s on the verge of retirement, so it’s no longer a real issue, but Malinga chucks it.

Edit: far be it from me to suggest that the Sky commentary team are being generous in their analysis, but there’s no chance he’d get that past the officials were he starting out in the game.

For such a good side England really have had some poor performances this year. Pakistan WC performance, Windies series and now this. I wouldn’t be favouring them to win the world cup if I had to put money on it.
It's been mentioned on here often that they are capable of putting in a performance like this when you least expect it.

9 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

For such a good side England really have had some poor performances this year. Pakistan WC performance, Windies series and now this. I wouldn’t be favouring them to win the world cup if I had to put money on it.

Last June they got pumped off a diddy team that didn't even qualify. Can't mind who it was, though.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Big win for Sri Lanka, England now have the other 3 teams in the top 4 to play and probably need a couple of wins to be 100% sure of going through.

Lost the same number of games as Sri Lanka. Getting punted out before the semis would be an enormous laugh for all. Bangladesh back in play too.