The Cricket Thread

bewlay

There are certain Australian players who were thoroughly unpleasant on the cricket field, but the moment they retired became actually quite likeable. Jason Gillespie and Glenn McGrath being two. I think it’s fair to say David Warner isn’t one of them.

The next 5 games including today are:

Australia vs Bangladesh
England vs Sri Lanka
India vs Afghanistan
NZ vs WI
Pakistan vs SA

If the top 4 win those (top 3 are nailed on barring weather IMO) and SA win vs Pakistan then it's essentially done with 15 games after that still to play in the group stages 😮

Guest Moomintroll
There are certain Australian players who were thoroughly unpleasant on the cricket field, but the moment they retired became actually quite likeable. Jason Gillespie and Glenn McGrath being two. I think it’s fair to say David Warner isn’t one of them.
He is a disgusting hypocritical, racist bullying cheat. He should never have been allowed anywhere near their national side again.

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

He is a disgusting hypocritical, racist bullying cheat. He should never have been allowed anywhere near their national side again.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Doesn’t get enough abuse from the crowd for my liking

Can't wait to boo him at Old Trafford in September!

Guest Moomintroll
They’re going to lose, but this has been a pretty decent effort by Bangladesh.
Would like to see them finish 5th, like the way they play & think Shakib is a phenomenal all rounder.

Guest Moomintroll
Top 4 as expected look pretty much nailed on already with 19 group games still to play.
Weeding out the diddies (apologies for stealing your line@The_Kincardine ) has really helped make this World Cup far more competitive. Jason Gillespie has had a right go at the ICC for excluding the developing nations such as ourselves, Ireland & The Netherlands referencing Kenya's run to the semi final in 2003. Still, as long as Star Sports have 9 group games to sell to the Indian TV Audience then that is all that matters.

Weeding out the diddies (apologies for stealing your line[mention=44711]The_Kincardine[/mention] ) has really helped make this World Cup far more competitive. Jason Gillespie has had a right go at the ICC for excluding the developing nations such as ourselves, Ireland & The Netherlands referencing Kenya's run to the semi final in 2003. Still, as long as Star Sports have 9 group games to sell to the Indian TV Audience then that is all that matters.
I can't think of any other example of a major sport who are trying to make their world cup smaller, everybody else is expanding to include more teams.

Guest Moomintroll
I can't think of any other example of a major sport who are trying to make their world cup smaller, everybody else is expanding to include more teams.
Correct but ICCs always gonna BCCI.

Guest Moomintroll
Safely guided away by de Silva. 135-5 from 30 overs, if Sri Lanka get near 250 I'll be surprised.
Another easy win by the looks of it, maybe James Vince will actually do something other than get a start today, but then again, he probably wont.