The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Guest Moomintroll

Handy late runs from Plunkett clearly out to prove a point. Will be amazed if Bangladesh get past 300 looking at the need to attack from the off & Englands pace line up.

Guest Moomintroll
Archer in the test team please.
Said it earlier in this thread, barring any other injuries I can see him ending Broads Test career. Jimmy & Stokes are certainties & I would pick Woakes ahead of Broad everytime.

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I did enjoy Jason Roy running into the umpire.

Roy must be the next on the production line for test opener, surely?  I get that his footwork is minimal, but he has a good range of shots.

Farbrace was touting him for exactly that on TMS.

This should be a good game. Shikhar Dhawan hitting Coulter-Nile for 3 4s after he and Rohit Sharma survived Cummins and Starc early on.

Ton up for Dhawan, but India really should be putting the hammer down now, 190-1 with 33 overs gone. Should be looking for at least 350ish from here.

352/5 for India. Sharma and Dhawan were excellent and Kohli stepped up towards the end. Pandya was superb hitting boundaries for fun and Dhoni & Rahul came in to help. Carey and Australia will be raging with that dropped catch on Pandya at 0.
Dhoni was unlucky to hole out to Stoinis, brilliant reaction catch which more often than not wouldn't stick. 353 is going to be a tough target for the Aussies but if they can keep wickets in hand then they have a chance.

Strange performance from Australia with the bat, left themselves far too much to do, Maxwell was going to have to nail everything for about 13 overs straight.
Given they started off needing 7 per over I can't really see why you would let that stretch to 10+. I know at the 40 over mark they were only 1 run behind India, but they had the wickets in hand to go daft in the last 10 overs. Warner and Smith had to be scoring quicker, although tbf India did bowl very well.

Guest Moomintroll
Think it was the 5th time they have been hit and stayed up this tournament?
They are clearly far too heavy & deepening the grooves on the stumps has made it even worse. The last 2 incidents were ridiculous. The way the weather is down here at the moment though, that is the least of the ICCs worries.