The Cricket Thread

bewlay

That's the sort of overstep you normally associate with far eastern gambling syndicates. Howler.

It's obvious that umpires don't even look for no balls nowadays, they just leave it to the third umpire to check if a wicket falls.

Pooran goes for 40, good one handed catch by Finch, Windies now 99-3. Hope has just started to score an Hetmyer comes to the crease who was excellent through the winter.

Hetmyer isn’t great but still young and his ODI record is pretty good. Seems to suit that format the best.

The Windies still have Holder, Russell and Brathwaite to come so they should pick up the pace there.

Everything I’ve seen if Hetmyer suggests he could be excellent - by recent West Indies batting standards at any rate.

Guest Moomintroll

Umpires doing their best to help the Aussies here but thankfully the reviews have been good up until now.

Another awful lbw call reversed on appeal, another that was clearly going down leg.

The umpires have been dreadful today, but generally they’ve had a good tournament, from the games I’ve see.

Guest Moomintroll

The umpires have been dreadful today, but generally they’ve had a good tournament, from the games I’ve see.
Up until now they have been good & some of the reviews have been somewhat questionable
Maybe Davey has threatened to batter them as that is about his bullying level.

Brathwaite and Holder go in quick succession, 8 down now and still 37 short with 24 balls left.

Good bowling by Australia here, in fairness. West Indies were always going to West Indies though.

Guest Moomintroll

This is looking ominous for Bangladesh, good platform & Al-Hasan is using up a lot of his overs which will affect their control in the middle overs.

19 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

This is looking ominous for Bangladesh, good platform & Al-Hasan is using up a lot of his overs which will affect their control in the middle overs.

Yup.  England's game management today, so far, has been exemplary.  Could be the makings of a big total here.  

Guest Moomintroll
Yup.  England's game management today, so far, has been exemplary.  Could be the makings of a big total here.  
If Morgan & Buttler are feeling frisky today, this will be 400+

Guest Moomintroll

England getting close to making a mess of this, will still win the game but letting a dominant position drift at the moment.

I did enjoy Jason Roy running into the umpire.

Roy must be the next on the production line for test opener, surely?  I get that his footwork is minimal, but he has a good range of shots.

Guest Moomintroll
I did enjoy Jason Roy running into the umpire.
Roy must be the next on the production line for test opener, surely?  I get that his footwork is minimal, but he has a good range of shots.
Chances are he will make a quick 30 more often than not before holing out, will still be a better option than what they have though & on the days it does come off he will win games in a couple of sessions.