The Cricket Thread

bewlay

8 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Is there a better bowler in the world right now than Jasprit Bumrah?

I wouldn't want to be facing him on a pitch like this.  This wicket isn't really acceptable for a World Cup.  Balls are flying off the track apparently at random.

Guest Moomintroll
Is there a better bowler in the world right now than Jasprit Bumrah?
No, having a discussion about him on a FB group just now. His run up is bizzare but it hides what he is intending to do & must be seriously offputting to the batter facing him. He is deceptively quick as well & seems to have the ideal skillset for limited overs cricket.

What sort of a shot was that?  Don't want to get all Boycott, but that was a stick of rhubarb delivery.

Edit: in fairness, it turned a lot more than it first looked, but it was an awful shot and shouldn't have got a wicket.

Edit again:  why did they review that?  There's no point in reviewing when it's plumb.  If it's a no ball, he'll be called back anyway.  South Africa look like they haven't got off the plane.  Very flat all round.

Edited by Savage Henry

Guest Moomintroll
What sort of a shot was that?  Don't want to get all Boycott, but that was a stick of rhubarb delivery.
Edit: in fairness, it turned a lot more than it first looked, but it was an awful shot and shouldn't have got a wicket.
Edit again:  why did they review that?  There's no point in reviewing when it's plumb.  If it's a no ball, he'll be called back anyway.  South Africa look like they haven't got off the plane.  Very flat all round.
I know, I cannot make mind up as to whether India are looking awesome or the Saffers are utterly awful. Brainless reviews have been a feature of the tournament so far.

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I know, I cannot make mind up as to whether India are looking awesome or the Saffers are utterly awful. Brainless reviews have been a feature of the tournament so far.

Turning into a potentially exciting game this.

Guest Moomintroll
Turning into a potentially exciting game this.
Good start from SA but think they are 30 odd short, unlucky with that review there.

Guest Moomintroll
India win by 6 wickets with 15 balls to spare. Decent bowling performance by SA but they now have 0 wins from 3 games. Bizarre scheduling that means SA have played 3 while India have only played 1.
It's all the IPLs fault. There is a law in India that states the National Team players must have 15 days rest between assignments so the ICC had to schedule it that way. The IPL final was then moved a week forward due to Elections when it was too late to amend it.

Good finish in the NZ v Bangladesh game. Bangladesh are not far away from being a very decent team.

Valiant effort from them, they looked well beat at one point but kept plugging away and taking wickets. A bit too squeaky bum for the Kiwis liking towards the end.

Didn't really want either side to lose that.  Kiwis have had on paper an easy first two games but have got through them and still have Southee and Nicholls to come back. Bangladesh obviously  won't make the top 4 but I'd like to see them take down an England/ Oz / India with Tamim smacking a 60 ball hundred and Mustafizur running through a middle order before they go home.