bewlay

The Cricket Thread

6 team names announced for this ridiculous 100- ball tournament they're having.

London Spirit, Southern Brave, Leeds Superchargers, Birmingham Phoenix, Trent Rockets and Welsh Fire.

I mean, f**k right off. "See you later dear, I'm just off down Trent Bridge to see the Rockets play the Brave"

17 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

London Spirit, Southern Brave, Leeds Superchargers, Birmingham Phoenix, Trent Rockets and Welsh Fire.

I mean, f**k right off. "See you later dear, I'm just off down Trent Bridge to see the Rockets play the Brave"

Pile of pish. 

That 100-ball thing is utter pish. Just because England failed to make a relevant T20 tournament like the IPL, CPL or the Big Bash.

The irony of course that they invented the format. I went to one of the first games in the T20 at the Rose Bowl. It was quite good at the time but I think Hampshire only got about 120 odd and that was seen as being a good score at the time!

The irony of course that they invented the format. I went to one of the first games in the T20 at the Rose Bowl. It was quite good at the time but I think Hampshire only got about 120 odd and that was seen as being a good score at the time!

Indeed.

English cricket is about the only place where test cricket turns a profit. They missed out on the T20 coin, so here’s the latest craze.

I actually am kind of interested in it, but I’m in a small minority.

The biggest new competition I'm interested in this year is the Euro T20 slam. Don't think I'll make it along to any games, unfortunately, but I really hope it's a big success. Will be interesting to see the calibre of player that plays in it.

The biggest new competition I'm interested in this year is the Euro T20 slam. Don't think I'll make it along to any games, unfortunately, but I really hope it's a big success. Will be interesting to see the calibre of player that plays in it.

Shahid Afridi, Rashid Khan, Shane Watson, Brendon McCullum, Chris Lynn, Babar Azam, JP Duminy and Imran Tahir will all be there. Certainly will be looking to get along to some in Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Edit - I see Eoin Morgan signed up today also.

Dublin Chiefs
Amsterdam Kings
Edinburgh Rocks
Belfast Titans
Rotterdam Rhinos
Glasgow Giants

Surely P&B could come up with better suggestions

3 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Fucking Hell those are abysmal. 

That South African tail looks a bit suspect for modern day ODIs, will struggle if England set a big target which is looking likely at the moment.

Was solid in the end from England although they would have wanted more. South Africa don’t really bat too deep so England will want a couple of early wickets.

Amla off after taking an Archer delivery to the head. Hopefully be back out soon

Just in the house so unfortunately missed Archer’s opening spell. Hoping South Africa can pull off a win here, Van Der Dussen at the crease now plays for the same club as Arbroath’s pro this season.

Just in the house so unfortunately missed Archer’s opening spell. Hoping South Africa can pull off a win here, Van Der Dussen at the crease now plays for the same club as Arbroath’s pro this season.

Rabada & Pretorious as well I believe.

de Kock and van der Dussen building a nice partnership now, both seem to have settled and are playing well now. If they can stay in together South Africa have a real chance.