bewlay

The Cricket Thread

I wouldn't say that was comfortable. England did their best to collapse through the middle but Stokes did an outstanding job of steadying the innings, along with Curran and Rashid. 
If Pakistan were competent in the field they'd have strolled that game.
Thought once Stokes got settled England just kept going steadily and were always on top of the run rate. Pakistan's fielding has been poor, but they also made it too easy for England to nudge ones and twos and keep the scoreboard moving.

1 minute ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

I can't believe there's any debate over Archer.

I don't think there is any genuine debate. He'll be opening the bowling in the world cup. Bigger debate is who bowls from the other end.

I don't think there is any genuine debate. He'll be opening the bowling in the world cup. Bigger debate is who bowls from the other end.
Yep, no debate at all for me.. He has to be one of the first names on the team sheet based on these last few games.

15 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Heading to The Grange for Scotland v Sri Lanka today. Weather forecast has been up and down all week, hopefully it holds enough to get a completed game.

I’m heading too. Forecast has been abysmal all week but this morning hasn’t been too bad and it doesn’t look like there will be major disruption.

Edit: and it’s changed to heavy rain 10/11 so a delayed start on the cards. Pub it is.

Edited by Muzza81

4 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

I’m heading too. Forecast has been abysmal all week but this morning hasn’t been too bad and it doesn’t look like there will be major disruption.

Edit: and it’s changed to heavy rain 10/11 so a delayed start on the cards. Pub it is.

I don't think we'll get any play. Mates have got on to talking Brexit already. I need cricket.

10 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I don't think we'll get any play. Mates have got on to talking Brexit already. I need cricket.

I was blootered by 7. Still am. 

England 191-2 after just 25 overs, Morgan and Root well set and still plenty of batting to come.

Another mini collapse from England as they lose 4 wickets for 50 runs, with 2 falling in the last over. Stokes and Woakes now at the crease.

Not the best end for England here. Nice 6 by Curran though.
Aye, struggled after Morgan and Root went, Willey and Curran did well to get the score up to 350.

Wicket down for Pakistan in the first over.

If Pakistan were competent in the field they'd have strolled that game.

Hmm.

England need to take Sarfaraz out here. Pinging Adil Rashid for fun.

Woakes has bowled really well.

England name their final squad today. From the provisional 15 man squad last month you would expect Vince would be the replacement for Hales. Bigger question is who drops out to let Archer in. If they decide to keep Denly as an extra spin option then imo it's a straight choice between Curran and Willey, personally I would go for Curran of those 2. What yesterday showed though is that pace might be as big a factor as spin, and they have more than enough batting to leave Denly out and keep both Curran and Willey.

England name their final squad today. From the provisional 15 man squad last month you would expect Vince would be the replacement for Hales. Bigger question is who drops out to let Archer in. If they decide to keep Denly as an extra spin option then imo it's a straight choice between Curran and Willey, personally I would go for Curran of those 2. What yesterday showed though is that pace might be as big a factor as spin, and they have more than enough batting to leave Denly out and keep both Curran and Willey.
I'd have thought plunkett was the seamer most likely to miss out if (when) Archer is included