bewlay

The Cricket Thread

Windies finish on 360-8, 23 sixes in the innings. Nurse ends the innings on 25 from 8 balls, and Rashid takes 3 wickets after he finally joined the attack.

Do the Windies always have to be such unsporting c**ts? Might have broke his hand here, best to run him out to be sure.

England win by 6 wickets. 123 for Roy, 102 for Root. England highest ever chase in ODIs, the fourth highest chase in all ODIs.

This is why England are favourites for the world cup. I wouldn't bet against them chasing anything less than 400 at the moment.

I had this conversation with my Dad between the innings. If only I was a gambler...

Screenshot_20190220-210817__01.thumb.jpg.318e1966722ce89a6c4d096f6b4b38a9.jpg

Edited by die hard doonhamer

Everything points to England winning the World Cup this year, however, the anecdotal evidence points to them having an inexplicable brainfart that will derail them. The only question is, at which point will it happen? Predict that point & you will be able to work out the eventual winners, I have no idea as they could easily lose to Afghanistan and hammer everyone else in the group srage.

I guess in one off ODIs once it gets to the semi and final stage all it takes is one very English collapse and the game is a bogey. But yeah, if they play at their best no one's stopping them. 

Funny game in Port Elizabeth as 30 wickets fall inside 2 days on an ordinary looking pitch, nett result us that Sri Lanka need 197 to win the match and the series.

Funny game in Port Elizabeth as 30 wickets fall inside 2 days on an ordinary looking pitch, nett result us that Sri Lanka need 197 to win the match and the series.
Seen that!! Not watched any of it. Has been seamers or spin that have done the damage?

Seen that!! Not watched any of it. Has been seamers or spin that have done the damage?
I only caught the last hour or so yesterday and a bit longer today, but the pitch looks fairly benign and nobody has really bowled exceptionally, but the wickets just kept tumbling. Some very poor shots in amongst it. Sri Lanka were 2 down at the close with 137 still needed for the win.

Scotland completed a series win over Oman after reaching 303-5 batting first, Munsey with 96 and Berrington with 72no the top scorers. Oman came up 15 runs short.

Windies toiling badly against England on a slow pitch, 156-3 from 31 overs, be struggling to get into the high 200s at the current rate. Hetmyer and Bravo look well set though, but really need to he cutting loose to give them any sort of chance.

West Indies make 289-6.

Hetmyer with 104 not out.

Stokes bowled England's first front foot no ball in an ODI for 3 years during that innings. 3 years is an extraordinary amount of time without one.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

On 20/02/2019 at 14:22, Heart of Northern said:

I've been on the receiving end of games like that.
The Pakistan Association springs to mind. Jeez I opened the batting, couldn't even see the bloody thing.
Hit my bail and it broke. I tucked my bat under my arm and gleefully went of for a cuppa.

That happened to me once when I made the numbers up when over in Australia, the first two whistled past my bat before I moved .  By ball three I had my eye in and managed to get myself a nice LBW, not that I saw much.

In my defence the fucker took 7-30. 

On a sidenote would love to see Sri Lanka get a series win against the South Africans.

Edited by Tynierose

England still in front on 145-3 from 28 overs, England's fielding was superb, Windies is poor.

England 7 down requiring 57 from 50. Long road to victory now.
Looked a very poor lbw decision for Curran, but I thought Stokes wasted the last review as it sounded like he had hit the ball.