bewlay

The Cricket Thread

47 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Gabriel banned for 4 odis in relation to the Root incident

He was given 3 demerit points for the incident itself, which took his total in the past 2 years to 8, which triggered the ban.

He was given 3 demerit points for the incident itself, which took his total in the past 2 years to 8, which triggered the ban.
Yep, no actual mention of anything to do with a homophobic comment.

17 hours ago, peasy23 said:
17 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Yep, no actual mention of anything to do with a homophobic comment.

In fairness, Gabriel's own statement does bring up the homophobia element.  It also brings up the fact that he has absolutely no idea why it's homophobic, and instead apologised to Root for the offence caused by insinuating he is gay.

Some effort by Sri Lanka to chase down the 304 needed to win the first test. Looked to be done and dusted at 229-9 but a record last wicket stand saw then home. Kusal Perera was the hero with 153 not out, but credit to Fernando who hung around at the end and scored 6no.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Some effort by Sri Lanka to chase down the 304 needed to win the first test. Looked to be done and dusted at 229-9 but a record last wicket stand saw then home. Kusal Perera was the hero with 153 not out, but credit to Fernando who hung around at the end and scored 6no.

An outrageous effort.  Well played to Sri Lanka after receiving some thumpings in recent times.

Really goes to show that unless you are a supreme bowler, being a rabbit isn’t really acceptable in tests anymore.

Some of the mid 90s England tails were laughable. Caddick at 7, and so forth. Couldn’t get away with that now.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Really goes to show that unless you are a supreme bowler, being a rabbit isn’t really acceptable in tests anymore.

Jasprit Bumrah looks like the only proper rabbit in Test cricket just now, think his numbers are even worse than Chris Martin (ouch!).

Shame, nothing more entertaining than a number 11 just swiping mindlessly.

Scotland win the Quadrangular T20 tournament in Oman on net run rate after beating Oman. All made possible by Ireland beating Holland earlier in the day thanks to a 6 off the final delivery.

21 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I watched the last couple of hours of this - Perera was ridiculous, hit a number of 6s off Steyn, Rabada and Olivier. Fernando hung in really well, of his 6 runs, 4 were from overthrows!!

Good to see Scotland finished top of the Oman Quadrangular T20 tournament ahead of Netherlands and Ireland on net run rate.

Scotland bowled Oman out for 24 in the 50 over game and won with 47 overs to spare :lol:.

6 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Scotland bowled Oman out for 24 in the 50 over game and won with 47 overs to spare :lol:.

The fourth lowest score in list A cricket history :lol:

Highest scorer was 15 and the next highest was 3 extras. The other 10 'batsmen' contributed 6 runs between them :lol:

Ross Taylor’s 69 runs in todays’s 88 run win over Bangladesh takes him above Stephen Fleming as the top NZ ODI batsman.

23 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

And strangely Oman are coasting against Scotland today. Scotland need 129 off 15 with 3 wickets left.

I've been on the receiving end of games like that.
The Pakistan Association springs to mind. Jeez I opened the batting, couldn't even see the bloody thing.
Hit my bail and it broke. I tucked my bat under my arm and gleefully went of for a cuppa.

Windies 197-2 after 31 overs on a flat pitch in Barbados. Surprisingly given the number of wickets he has taken in the last few years, Rashid is still to bowl.

100 from 100 balls from Chris Gayle, started slow but has been very patient and has put 4 or 5 right out the ground. Jason Roy dropped him on 9, and he has now set a new record for the most 6s in all forms of the game.

Hetmyer goes next ball, 229-3 from 34.3 overs.

I've got no idea how many spare balls they would normally have, but we must be into double figures now in the amount of balls that have disappeared over the stands.