The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Yep, I would doubt the ICC will be as benevolent. I would assume the umpire's need to make an after match report?
I'm not sure of the mechanic's of it but that sounds likely.
It would be a shame if the Windies had some of the shine taken off the series by something so stupid but it can't be ignored, especially if it's in the public domain now.

I'm not sure which island Gabriel is from, only reason I mention it is because I'm not sure if some of the islands still have quite backward views on homosexuality.
Not that it excuses it of course.

Whats Root going to do today.  Might be worth going out and playing a bit of 20/20 for the first hour and then declare and have 10 overs at them before lunch and the bowlers will still be fresh for another shot after lunch.
Get himself out to an awful delivery to start with anyway, chipping a full toss straight to midwicket. Out for 122 and declare setting the Windies a target of 484. Bit of a strange declaration as Bairstow was halfway down the stairs ready to bat so there seems to be a wee bit of confusion about the tactics.

England waste a review on an lbw appeal, it pitched in line and impact was in line but it hit Bravo well above the knee roll and DRS showed it was going over the stumps by a good 6 inches.

Plenty of movement off the pitch so far, played and misses all over the place.

Don't think that's really specific to England these days, so much of test cricket is one team melting down and then another team piling on the misery.  Although two of the India matches in the summer were quite tight IIRC.

edit: 31 and 60 runs in the 1st and 4th tests.

Edited by Fuctifano

17 hours ago, peasy23 said:
17 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:
He was given 3 demerit points for the incident itself, which took his total in the past 2 years to 8, which triggered the ban.

Yep, no actual mention of anything to do with a homophobic comment.

In fairness, Gabriel's own statement does bring up the homophobia element.  It also brings up the fact that he has absolutely no idea why it's homophobic, and instead apologised to Root for the offence caused by insinuating he is gay.

Some effort by Sri Lanka to chase down the 304 needed to win the first test. Looked to be done and dusted at 229-9 but a record last wicket stand saw then home. Kusal Perera was the hero with 153 not out, but credit to Fernando who hung around at the end and scored 6no.