The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Listening at work this morning and Alison Mitchell came on to join Boycott

AM-Morning Geoffrey

GB-Morning Darling

He'll be at a BBC equality course first thing on Monday.

Boycott was on fantastic form. I particularly liked his defence when Agnew brought him up on it: 'I like her, it's 'ow I speak.' Before announcing that Agnew didn't have to worry as he wouldn't call him that.

Boycott was on fantastic form. I particularly liked his defence when Agnew brought him up on it: 'I like her, it's 'ow I speak.' Before announcing that Agnew didn't have to worry as he wouldn't call him that.

Boycott's a horrid individual, but he's highly entertaining. And, when he's not self-promoting, he's often very insightful.

As always at Old Trafford, the weather could be key.Chucked it down today and the forecast for tomorrow looks fine but more rain for Sunday and Monday. England building a decent lead before the heavens opened, a bit of a wobble when they lost 3 wickets fairly quickly but Root and Butler have played well together, 85 of a lead for England.

Boycott's a horrid individual, but he's highly entertaining. And, when he's not self-promoting, he's often very insightful.

TMS wouldn't be the same without him,Michael Vaughan seems to be modelling himself on him at times ,but doesn't just manage it for me.

Was at the game on Saturday, cricket really is a brilliantly organised day out (if you ignore the captive audience prices that are part and parcel of most sporting events). It's almost as if they want you to enjoy yourself.

India's top order has just turned to shit, once they'd gone the middle order except Ashwin chucked it. If they'd batted out the day it could well have been a draw with the incoming weather.