The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Steven Finn is potentially a fantastic cricketer.

The poor treatment of him is similar to what Jimmy Anderson got in the early part of his England career, where they over coached him and fannied about with his action until he lost all rhythm and confidence,

Finn's pace and extra bounce will made all the difference to this England attack. No disrespect to guys like Rankin, Plunkett and Jordan but Finn is at a different level to them.

I hope the time away has allowed him to regain the confidence and action that made him so dangerous in the first place. Now that Stuart Broad is carrying injuries and is not so prolific a wicket taker a rejuvenated Finn is what England need. So what he goes for a few, but Broad can more than hold up an end and keep it tight.

Good to see him back,

Tbf, Finn had to change his run up when Finn's Law was introduced by the ICC.

No doubt it definitely affected his rhythm though, and in turn his action and confidence.

Tbf, Finn had to change his run up when Finn's Law was introduced by the ICC.

No doubt it definitely affected his rhythm though, and in turn his action and confidence.

Indeed, however the tinkering and over coaching had already started prior to him becoming a persistent offender.

If he plays I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.

I think he will play now, what was the point in bringing him in otherwise?

It's not like he's an unknown they want to have a look at.

Jordan and Stokes probably don't merit a place on their bowling this summer.

Jordan's bowling is a bit erratic, not consistent enough for the test arena, was really quite surprised when he was called up again. IMO stokes bowls on the batsmans legs too much, which might work against county sides (and indeed some international sides) it won't work against Indians who are all accomplished leg side players. Stokes batting hasn't been as good as it was in the ashes, otherwise he might've been given a reprieve as he's a good fielder too.

After a delayed start the cricket is on with India winning the toss and batting first has lost an early wicket that off Gambhir.

Watching on an enormous screen at Heathrow. Ball seems to be swinging all over the place; bit surprised India opted to bat.

As for the Anderson thing, a complete non story.

Oh and there's another wicket.

Went to work today thinking 'only two days until I can spend the weekend doing nothing but watch the test match', then I checked my phone at midday and saw it was 8 for 4! Momentarily thought I'd be lucky to see more than a session. Might want rain delays tomorrow to make sure I get the full weekend.

Can't wait to watch the highlights on 5 player. Listening to Sir Geoffrey on my way home, almost sounding critical of England's bowling!