The Cricket Thread

bewlay

What's that about a spinner? :lol: I think Ali looks that part.

Him and Root. Great wee spinning combination.

I love how much this series has turned for Cook and the England team. They were slated (and rightly so) like nothing else after the last test and have bounced back in perfect style.

Sport is truly tremendous.

I actually quite like the idea of Rashid coming in as the second spinner rather than Kerrigan. In Jordan's place. He has sprayed it more than anyone in the East of Scotland lower leagues in this match

Looking forward to today's play - a potential gripper of an ending if India can hold out.

With regards spinners, I guess what England are looking at doing is what Australia did with Smith; introduce him into the team as a batter who bowls a bit, and steadily increase his bowling to the point that he's the all-rounder, batting at 6. Which essentially then makes whoever bats at 8 expendable, as you really need 8,9,10,11 to be your quicks, whereas so far this summer 8 has been an all rounder - Woakes or Stokes.

Moeen Ali and his non-turning spin takes a 6 for. Didn't see that coming. England soundly thrashed them though, didn't matter who took the wickets. I'd imagine Woakes and Jordan might be struggling for their places, but equally I could see the same time being named.

And to make matters worse, my afternoon of lazing and beer and cricket has turned into an afternoon of just lazing and beer. You're a thoughtless b*****d, Ali.

In short, well played England.

James Anderson and Ravindra Jadeja found not guilty by the ICC.

Joke.

Anderson's a p***k who needs a telling. Shame the ECB - sorry I mean ICC - have not gave him it.

Joke.

Anderson's a p***k who needs a telling. Shame the ECB - sorry I mean ICC - have not gave him it.

I agree he can be a bit p***kly to say the least, but we don't know what has gone on behind closed doors and if he is guilty of any offence on this occasion.

If anyone is in control of the ICC, I'd argue it was the BCCI rather than the ECB. You only have to see Jadjea's appeal being granted and the DRS fiasco for evidence of that.

Steven Finn is potentially a fantastic cricketer.

The poor treatment of him is similar to what Jimmy Anderson got in the early part of his England career, where they over coached him and fannied about with his action until he lost all rhythm and confidence,

Finn's pace and extra bounce will made all the difference to this England attack. No disrespect to guys like Rankin, Plunkett and Jordan but Finn is at a different level to them.

I hope the time away has allowed him to regain the confidence and action that made him so dangerous in the first place. Now that Stuart Broad is carrying injuries and is not so prolific a wicket taker a rejuvenated Finn is what England need. So what he goes for a few, but Broad can more than hold up an end and keep it tight.

Good to see him back,