The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Are there any adult teams out there shit enough to let a complete beginner try out for them? Love the cricket.

Have a look here for a local club

http://www.cricketscotland.com/clubs-page/club-websites/

Most clubs have a few 11s of differing abilities. Go along and net with a club to get you started.

It's a great sport to play, i just wish i had the time to fit it in (I should never have given it up).

Guessing that's racism...

edit: the allegation, obviously don't know what actually went on.

You would think so. Sky saying it falls under level 3, which is:

Intimidation of an umpire or referee.

Threat of assault on a player, team official, or spectator.

Using language or gestures that offends race, religion, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin.

You would think so. Sky saying it falls under level 3, which is:

Intimidation of an umpire or referee.

Threat of assault on a player, team official, or spectator.

Using language or gestures that offends race, religion, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin.

They also said that as far as they knew racism wasn't a factor. I'd guess Jimmy might have threatened to give him a slap.

I've tried to give him a chance but it is now looking like Cook is up there with Francesco Schettino in captaincy skills.

England couldn't have picked that pitch out of a catalogue and they were still banging it in halfway down, he needed to have a word. Then treating Shami like he's Tendulkar.

Disappointed in Cooks tactics here, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt due to it being a transitional period for the team but he has two of the world best swing bowlers and he asks them to pitch it up.

The problem with Cook going is, who else is there? Root is still a bit green in my opinion and although Broad would be my choice to replace him, he hasn't set the world on fire as limited overs captain. Besides it might just be too much to juggle.

The games on a knife edge, if he gets the last man out early then makes a big score it could be a different story tomorrow.

Disappointed in Cooks tactics here, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt due to it being a transitional period for the team but he has two of the world best swing bowlers and he asks them to pitch it up.

Not sure if that is actually the tactic that's supposed to be getting used or if Cook simply doesn't have the balls to tell the bowlers to change when they aren't following instructions. Thought it was telling that they changed tactics after lunch, possibly when Moores had the chance to have a word with the bowlers?