The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Quite amusing to watch Andersons emotions during an exchange with Cook over field positioning there. A shake of the head and a roll of the eyes from the bowler.

It seems pretty clear Jimmy has no respect whatsoever for Cooks captaining abilities.

Bowlers moan all the time. It's only because Cook's captaincy is the hot topic that they even focused on that. Complete non story.

You can only get leg byes if you are playing a shot. In this case, it was deemed that the player was not playing a shot. Which he clearly was, despite what the commentators said. It came off his chest guard rather than his bat, I think.

Fair enough. I knew the leg bye rule, but I thought he had hit it!

Game drifting a bit now. Jadeja and Binny currently putting on a defensive partnership of 30 odd, the sting's been taken out proceedings slightly.

India 217-6, a lead of 178.

Indeed lol but I was still right. His effort ball was only 55 miled per hour.

55 mph is a lot faster than I daresay anyone here could accurately and legally bowl. I'm still not sure what he was meant to be bowling - off breaks, possibly?

Cook's mistake bursts the England bubble again...? Got to be catching that.

Why are you permanently seething about Cook?

Dhonis captaincy in this test has been far worse,what with odd field placements and misusing Jadeja.

Cook is out of form,every batsman goes through a lean spell but he is still the best opening batsman England have. Maybe you shouldn't listen to Shane Warne so much.

Why are you permanently seething about Cook?

Dhonis captaincy in this test has been far worse,what with odd field placements and misusing Jadeja.

Cook is out of form,every batsman goes through a lean spell but he is still the best opening batsman England have. Maybe you shouldn't listen to Shane Warne so much.

Not permanently seething about Cook at all. I hope England lose every match, and Cook is the man for that. He delights me.

9 tests without a win now, that's a 22 year record drought, laughably great news for people like myself. I hope Cook stays in place for as long as possible.

Dhoni's hopeless as a captain aswell, Cook still can't beat him at home though. Not too long to wait too wait till Michael Clarke gives him another teaching in the Ashes; that's what I call a cricketer, that's what I call a captain.

Edited by Lex