The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Just watched the Kiwis pick up another correct bat-pad wicket through referral after the on-field umpire didn't give it. If they don't adopt this full time it's a disgrace.

Brendan Nash in now, when was the last white man to play for the West Indies?

Edited by Fuctifano

huge wicket there - Sehwag could almost win the game single-handedly. England still favourites but there's probably a few more twists in this one.

If the roles were reversed, India would win. There is no question of that. The first session could be vital tomorrow. I don't see it being a draw.

India about to pull off an unlikely win. England really shoud have swung the bat a bit yesterday.

Hindsight and all that. Still whatever the result it has been a good game.Cricket has been the winner.

Bowling attack isn't anything near good enough.

Actually will make the Ashes tough to call as both England and the Aussies look like they will struggle to get 20 wickets between them in a match.

Actually will make the Ashes tough to call as both England and the Aussies look like they will struggle to get 20 wickets between them in a match.

You could be right. I guess England will be more conducive to Harmisson etc but we will see. Ive seen a bit of the Aussies on Sky and they are short of a match winning bowler.

Still think England should have batted on a bit and with more aggression. Still to many batsmen not contributing.

Good match though.

Not good enough on Indian pitches, it's a whole different story on English decks.

Not good enough on Indian pitches, it's a whole different story on English decks.

Maybe, though I still think England are a bit short, and reliant on Flintoff holding up for a whole summer.

Probably still rather have their attack than the Aussies' though.

Maybe, though I still think England are a bit short, and reliant on Flintoff holding up for a whole summer.

Probably still rather have their attack than the Aussies' though.

Harmison is pretty much useless away these days, and |Anderson's still too hit or miss. Hopefull they'll have a full fit Jones back, but I'll believe it when I see it. I'd still say that only the saffers have a better attack than England at the moment (In English conditions)

Cricket finances in a spin....

Stanford has lost 40 million on his ill fated trophy,and he may walk away from future events. I wasnt that impressed with what went on in Antigua but this could be bad news for other competitions,such as the proposed English Premier League.

Also Vodafone are to pull out of sponsoring the England team after the S Africa tour nx winter.

Flintoff doesn't take enough wickets...never has and never will. He is good at keeping the runs down and applying pressure but he's not in the Beefy class of 5+ hauls. England can't afford to rely on him and need others to take wickets after he's dried up the runs. Panesar and Harmison are ok in English conditions but hopeless abroad. As an aside it's interesting to see KP has lost pretty much every match of any significance since leaving the green wickets of England. The true test of any test side is what they do on the road and so far England are drowning in a sea of their own mediocrity.

Flintoff doesn't take enough wickets...never has and never will. He is good at keeping the runs down and applying pressure but he's not in the Beefy class of 5+ hauls. England can't afford to rely on him and need others to take wickets after he's dried up the runs. Panesar and Harmison are ok in English conditions but hopeless abroad. As an aside it's interesting to see KP has lost pretty much every match of any significance since leaving the green wickets of England. The true test of any test side is what they do on the road and so far England are drowning in a sea of their own mediocrity.

They've been pish in ODI's for ages now, it's hardly a KP issue.

And the one test they've played has been away to India, with less than ideal preparation, the fact lost from a winning position seems to have overshadowed how good they were for 3.5 days.

It is worrying how poor Panesar was though.

Will Jones be fit for the summer?

He'll likely be back bowling by April they reckon, if he starts well for Worcs they'd be mad not to pick him.

Not sure if you're getting any highlights of the current Australia v South Africa test in the UK? Always funny when Ponting goes for a duck :lol:

On Sky no terrestrial cricket these days a thing of the past. Money talks.

Looking forward to catching the highlights later on, sounds like some spell by Johnson Mitchell.

If he picks up the last 2 for not much tomorrow he will record one of the 10 best test match bowling figures of all time. I might even start putting his name round the other way if he does.