The Cricket Thread

bewlay

You wonder just what sort of a mess England would be in if they hadn't nabbed Pietersen from the Saffers.

No doubt Jack Bannister will be on Talk Sport abusing him for not getting his hundred quick enough and monopolising the strike.

Edited by H_B

You wonder just what sort of a mess England would be in if they hadn't nabbed Pietersen from the Saffers.

No doubt Jack Bannister will be on Talk Sport abusing him for not getting his hundred quick enough and monopolising the strike.

They were doing exactly that on the BBC commentary too. I still think your 7-0 is a good bet.

They were doing exactly that on the BBC commentary too. I still think your 7-0 is a good bet.

Yep - I think the weather is the only thing that can intervene. I expect India to knock off this total unless they lose 3 or 4 wickets in the first 10 overs.

England just don't have the bowling to restrict India's batsmen to under 300 on these sorts of pitches.

Especially when they keep doing their hamstring.

I'm not sure Peter Moores will see the ashes series at this rate. Oh for the South African back.

At the very least they'll have to move the Mumbai test. I'd imagine there's a real case for just calling the whole thing off, but the ECB have never been full of common sense.

I dont think ive ever come across a sport where the administrators can get themselves in such a fankle.

They make FIFA & UEFA look the model of business professionals.

Player power will ultimately decide what happens with the Tests.

Agree. I think the tour is dead in the water,given the way British and American passport holders were targeted.

When is the West Indies tour due to start?

The ECB's stance on this will be interesting, considering that England played Australia at Lord's three days after the July 2005 bombings.

Yes, I was thinking that too.

Notice that "we can't let the terrorists win" only seems to apply to home soil.

Im not sure how much pressure is being brought to bear on players here. The management and captain seem keen to go and play,send out a messege. Not sure if all the players feel the same way. Reports yesterday in the press that bombs were found at various airports.

Im not sure how much pressure is being brought to bear on players here. The management and captain seem keen to go and play,send out a messege. Not sure if all the players feel the same way. Reports yesterday in the press that bombs were found at various airports.

The players are really stuck in a tough situation here. By going they're obviously putting themselves into a fairly scary situation but if they were to pull out they're effectively denying themselves a chance to land the big bucks when the new IPL kicks off in the spring.