The Cricket Thread

bewlay

As much as I have tried I just cannot get into 20/20. For a traditionalist for me nothing beats five hard days of test match cricket, followed by some distance by a decent ODI.

For me 20/20 is the Tennents sixes of cricket. It's enjoyable but it's not the real thing.

Yep! Can't beat a 5 dayer and a good ODI.

Panesar, Taylor and Tremlett in, Finn and Onions out. Who drops out if they go with 2 spinners? Bresnan?

It will be a fairly big call to drop Bresnan for Panesar. They will need to be highly confident that the wicket is going to take spin early in the match to do that.

Nice to see Tremlett back in the squad, if he is fully operational again then he will be a big asset, possibly not in this test match but he is rated highly by the England management. Finn needs to get his run up sorted, which is at the root of a lot of his troubles, once he does he will be back in the squad again.

I cannot fucking wait for this test to start.

It will be a fairly big call to drop Bresnan for Panesar. They will need to be highly confident that the wicket is going to take spin early in the match to do that.

Nice to see Tremlett back in the squad, if he is fully operational again then he will be a big asset, possibly not in this test match but he is rated highly by the England management. Finn needs to get his run up sorted, which is at the root of a lot of his troubles, once he does he will be back in the squad again.

I cannot fucking wait for this test to start.

Getting Tremlett back playing will be a boost for the return series in Australia,imagine this batting line up facing him on hard bouncing wickets there will be carnage.

Caught a bit of the T20 game this afternoon and there seemed to be plenty seats empty at Trent Bridge and at Durham,has the bubble burst with this form of the game?

Maybe it finally is. It has been rammed down the public's throat since it's inception and hopefully it only has a short shelf life. The problem is that it is so predictable and quite frankly for me it's not even real cricket. It's a gimmick. Hopefully it will soon lose it's appeal in Asia then we can get back to real cricket.

Unfortunately they do seem to love it in Asia especially.

Maybe it finally is. It has been rammed down the public's throat since it's inception and hopefully it only has a short shelf life. The problem is that it is so predictable and quite frankly for me it's not even real cricket. It's a gimmick. Hopefully it will soon lose it's appeal in Asia then we can get back to real cricket.

Unfortunately they do seem to love it in Asia especially.

Limited overs cricket seems to rule over there.It would be a big deal for an England player getting to 100 ODI's when over there 2-300 seems to be the norm,they seem to have a mini tournament every other week.

How many empty seats would there be at a four day game though. Twenty20 has brought more fans to the game who might get a taste for the longer form.

Crickets my favourite sport due to the variety on offer.

True,i did the tour of Lords when a four day game was on and couldn't believe how empty the ground was.

Limited overs cricket is bringing money into the sport so I guess it will stay. As long as they protect the actual test cricket then I couldn't give a f**k what they do with the likes of 20/20. I have zero interest in that foirm of the game and as far as I'm concerned it bears no resemblance to proper cricket. BUT ots of people like it, so it should remain for those people.

As long as test cricket is looked after then I'm not caring about 20/20, I don't watch it ever anyway, not even the international version of it. I barely watch the "full" version of limited over cricket either, But plenty of folk like it so let them watch it. If it brings folk to games then its a good thing. If it introduces people to the sport then its got to be good.

Can see Bird, Warner and Lyon coming in for Hughes, Agar and Pattison for the Aussies in the next Test.

England will be unchanged, unless KP is injured in which case Taylor is the next cab off the rank.