The Cricket Thread

bewlay

The DRS has been utterly abysmal over the first two tests. Obviously it hasn't affected the result in this Test, and the errors probably cancelled themselves out in the 1st Test, but when you have technology you'd expect them to get the big decisions right, and I'm not convinced they have.

the turd umpire needs a look at himself after that agar dismissal

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Wullie, did you see it? I'm just listening to the wireless but the impression I got was that it was a harsh dismissal.

The DRS has been utterly abysmal over the first two tests.  Obviously it hasn't affected the result in this Test, and the errors probably cancelled themselves out in the 1st Test, but when you have technology you'd expect them to get the big decisions right, and I'm not convinced they have.

Examples? Can only think of the Agar stumping?

Sent from my C5303 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I missed the Agar one, out with the dog, what's the story there?

nick behind, given not out, hotspot showed nothing but audio sounded a nick and third umpire said there was a clear deflection so overturned it.

I think it was out (the sound couldn't have been anything else) but given the rules I don't think there was enough to overturn the original not out decision.

Examples? Can only think of the Agar stumping?

Sent from my C5303 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Trott's dismissal in the 1st Test too, and then Agar's one there. I'm on the golf now but it didn't look out when I saw it.

exactly. gut sais it was out but no evidence that would warrant the original decision.

funny how it always goes with the team that is in deep shit and never the other way round.

the system is fine but the decision making from the third ump is incompetent.

I think it was out (the sound couldn't have been anything else).

you do sometimes get the bat creaking between the handle and the blade so I dont think a noise on its own is enough.

btw didnt think haddin lbw was out either

nick behind, given not out, hotspot showed nothing but audio sounded a nick and third umpire said there was a clear deflection so overturned it.

I think it was out (the sound couldn't have been anything else) but given the rules I don't think there was enough to overturn the original not out decision.

Cheers, week no doubt see it on highlights.

DRS has been awful so far.

For that last review, why wasn't that given out for LBW, if it was projected to hit the wicket?!?

More than half of the ball has to hit the wicket. The Broad decision was just clipping, and hawkeye has a margin of error.

In these cases it's the umpires call.

Interestingly if the umpire had given that out, and Sustrslia reviewed, the decision would have stood and been out.