The Cricket Thread

bewlay

India win again, bit of a dust up between Ponting and Border.

When was the last time Australia lost a seris 2-0

The last time they lost by more than 1 test was 20 years ago.

This doesn't really tell us a lot, Australia were always going to be much weaker after losing McGrath, Warne, and Gilchrist. Plus they hamstrung themselves by not picking Symonds who's been one of their best players over the last 18 months.

An Aussie team of

Hayden

Katich

Ponting

Hussey

Clarke

Symonds

Watson

Haddin

Lee

Clark

Krejza / Johnson / Tait (as I see he's put his dummy back in)

is still a bloody strong batting lineup.

Of course the bowling's not as good as it was even 3/4 years ago, which is the main point; 3 good to very good seamers and 3 decent 2nd tier backup bowlers in Watson, Symonds, and Clarke (although I suspect Clarke's going to quit bowling in the next couple of years if / when he becomes captain) rather than 2 all-time greats and 2 / 3 very good backups.

It'll be interesting to see how England do in India by comparison, India look in pretty decent nick. The Aussie home series against SA should be a good pointer as well.

Edited by Fuctifano

:angry:

Something that may be of interest to Scottish cricket followers thinking of going to next year's 20/20 World Cup. As a member of the Irish Cricket Union, I've just received my letter notifying me that I can enter into a ballot for tickets for Ireland's games in Nottingham next June. There's 600 tickets for each game available, an absolute disgrace to Irish followers. Granted, there will be four countries supporters at the ground on both days. But 600 ? Well done the ECB. Promoting cricket amongst lesser nations once again.

If that yellow card rule comes in then that will be us and India stuffed then :lol:

Whereas England will just get loads of bookings for twee stuff like running on the wicket, slow over rates and such and such.

Lets not forget, in addition to your list of Aussie batting, Shane Warne will come out of retirement for the next Ashes. I've never been more certain of it.

Been a shocker this morning, looked like they got the bowling wrong and that allowed India to put on a shed load towards the end of their innings.

Something that may be of interest to Scottish cricket followers thinking of going to next year's 20/20 World Cup. As a member of the Irish Cricket Union, I've just received my letter notifying me that I can enter into a ballot for tickets for Ireland's games in Nottingham next June. There's 600 tickets for each game available, an absolute disgrace to Irish followers. Granted, there will be four countries supporters at the ground on both days. But 600 ? Well done the ECB. Promoting cricket amongst lesser nations once again.

On the Saturday we've got the Aussies, NZs & Windies along with ourselves in the Brit Oval. I can see Scotland only being offered a similar amount of tickets as a result. I've registered with the ECB site but there's been nothing through from Cricket Scotland.

Game on here.

Looks like the require 70 off the last 5 overs and with 2 wickets remaining.

Looks like another tour shambles.

Free money backing India in these one dayers at the moment.

Suspect England will nick one near the end, but I'd love to be sitting with a 7-0 bookies slip nonetheless.

7-0 looks more like it every match. Tough yesterday the D/L count did England no favours, decent effort in the end,but the whole team needs to preform not just one or two.

Edit to add. Not sure if anyone else watched this by why did Peterson and Flintoff wait so long to come in.Should have batted higher up the order,some strange decision making from the captain.Not doing so well under pressure.

Edited by capybara