The Cricket Thread

bewlay

We will continue to get the job done in games that matter ie World Cup and Ashes ;)

Does a test in India not count as a game that matters? :P

Did anybody watch the England - Middlesex game last night? I couldn't because my SKY was on the blink due to the bloody wind. From looking at the scorecards it looked like it must have been the most boring 20/20 game ever.

Did anybody watch the England - Middlesex game last night? I couldn't because my SKY was on the blink due to the bloody wind. From looking at the scorecards it looked like it must have been the most boring 20/20 game ever.

Never saw it. I understand England are to do more catching practice. They were having trouble seeing the ball under lights. Imagine the ball coming down to you and a million riding on it. :(

Anyone watching any of this 'Super Series'? thus far it's on track to be the lowest scoring 20/20 matches ever- the wicket is made of plasticine and the outfield is hilariously slow.

If it wasn't for the fact that no-one can catch (Strauss's drop yesterday I reckon is the worst I've ever seen- shades of Herschelle Gibbes in 1999) under the lights the scores would be even worse.

Middlesex are currently 77-6 after 16.4 overs, but if they can get to 100 they're probably about even money.

The shots of Stanford walking about and shaking everyone in the crowd's hands are sickeningly cloying.

I caught the Middlesex 'chase' and they never looked like they were going to get close despite only needing a run a ball. That guy Carter they brought in on loan for this series scored 11 off 27 balls, which is quite slow in test cricket these days, never mind 20/20.

If it hadn't been for Pietersen taking the pitch out of the equation by bowling leg-side full tosses the score would have been even lower.

The shots of Stanford walking about and shaking everyone in the crowd's hands are sickeningly cloying.

From what ive heard on the radio, the players are concerned that Stanford is spending a lot of time with the wags. I hope for his sake it is just hands that he is shaking.

From what ive heard on the radio, the players are concerned that Stanford is spending a lot of time with the wags. I hope for his sake it is just hands that he is shaking.

I spent a bit of time at that venue between flights in Antigua when we came back from the World Cup in St Kitts last year and it's a great venue for an event like this

The complex is called The Sticky Wicket and it is beautiful and also has a cricket museum

Anyone passing through Antigua airport should make a point of dropping in as it's 50 yards away from the terminal

Sticky Clicky

I spent a bit of time at that venue between flights in Antigua when we came back from the World Cup in St Kitts last year and it's a great venue for an event like this

The complex is called The Sticky Wicket and it is beautiful and also has a cricket museum

Anyone passing through Antigua airport should make a point of dropping in as it's 50 yards away from the terminal

Sticky Clicky

Great bar there as well. I lived in Antigua for a while a couple of years ago and that ground is brilliant. It was a bit rundown but Stanford spent a load of money on it and held a West Indian 20/20 there that was brilliant. Twenty teams from around the Caribbean and free to get into every game bar the semis and Final. Great piss-up had by all with cricket thrown in. Wicked !

:D

I couldn't believe it when I turned on the Aussie team and saw White was in it- I thought it was a question of who they would bring in for him.

Presumably he's been picked for his batting, and he'll probably have to chip in tomorrow, I would fancy a draw now though. Good recovery by the Aussies, lesser teams would have buckled after conceding 613 in India.

I'll be out tomorrow so I'll miss the 'Super Series' final, but I see England have dropped Jimmy Anderson for the first time in a year. Still, he could get $250,000 for not playing if England win, not bad for an evening's non-work.

Why did England take Ali Cook? :huh: even when half their team had the shits and he got in by deafult, he batted (or didn't as the case was) at 9. Absolute madness to take him to a 20/20 tourney or even 50 over- they've got Bell to play the anchor role if need be.

Hopefully the Series was a one off and that we don't have to suffer that pantomime each year.

The ECB have signed up for 5 years in total, although I suspect they're probably in touch with their lawyers at the moment looking for a get-out clause.

Never saw it but that's a total baw humping and severe embarrasment for England.

India 1-0 up with 1 to play, and Anil Kumble has retired. Wonder if spin wizard Cameron White (7th choice bowler in the 2nd innings behind Lee, Clark, Johnson, Clarke, Katich, and Watson) will make the Aussie XI?