bewlay

The Cricket Thread

Totally agree with that. The decison to drop swann is bewildering, and as for putting them in... a decision pontinglike.

Cook should be fined half his match fee just for making the worst referral ever

Spin bowlers have never had much success at Headingley, its a ground traditionaly that doesnt 'turn' for the spinners.

I remember Sharne Warne seething when the aussies dropped Nathan Hauritz there in 2009 and went with an extra seam bowler in stuart clarke.

They promptly bowled england out for about 100 runs :lol:

Add to the fact Swann was brutal in first test its no surprise he waa dropped IMO

So you now know more about cricket than virtually every pundit in the game, aye right :lol:

Spin bowlers have never had much success at Headingley, its a ground traditionaly that doesnt 'turn' for the spinners.

I remember Sharne Warne seething when the aussies dropped Nathan Hauritz there in 2009 and went with an extra seam bowler in stuart clarke.

They promptly bowled england out for about 100 runs :lol:

Add to the fact Swann was brutal in first test its no surprise he waa dropped IMO

Headingly is no longer a seam bowlers wet dream. The wicket has completely changed in recent years.

Swann adds balance to the attack and even when not taking wickets ties up an end, plus a good fielder and decent batsman.

Matt Prior should be batting six

So you now know more about cricket than virtually every pundit in the game, aye right :lol:

Er... no i was merely repeating what a lot of the experts have said about the headingley pitch, as well as pointing out how even Warne, the greatest player even to play the game IMO and my cricketing hero can call it wrong at times.

So KP has had a change of heart and now wants to play in all forms of cricket. I think ,while he can be a great player, he sees himself as the star player. Bigger than the team. And to be honest he hasn't made that many runs, apart from the last century. Still we shall see there does seem some bad blood between him and the dressing room. Twitter in the background again.

End of the line for KP I'd think as he's left out of the squad and Bairstow gets another shot.

He can probably take that "I'm not really sorry" video down now, think bridges have been burnt.

"You just dropped the world no one spot"

To paraphrase Warne.

Now I can get back to really hating England again. biggrin.gif

Simon Jones and Kev meant I kinda liked seeing them do well. But now its back to enjoying the Saffies give them a proper 'harde klap'

Edited by dorlomin

I think England will emerge stronger from this. Pietersen sounds like a total arsehole.

On another note, Scotland U-19s lost a close one to Afghanistan this morning. Had the run chase well under control then crumbled late on.

Edited by H_B

I think England will emerge stronger from this. Pietersen sounds like a total arsehole.

On another note, Scotland U-19s lost a close one to Afghanistan this morning. Had the run chase well under control then crumbled late on.

One good showing against the Kiwi's, one ok against Pakistan and one disappointing against the Afghans. A few of that side have the potential to be very good player.

Lets see what their middle order is really made of now, don't rate JPD or JR at all, and far harder for the tail to score runs when the top order has failed.

C'mon Johnny - 6 to go.

Well that just cursed Broad :unsure:

This is one of the best test matches I've ever seen. Fabulous game between comfortably the best two teams in the game.

This is one of the best test matches I've ever seen. Fabulous game between comfortably the best two teams in the game.

It's just a shame it's not a five match series.

jonah

He was still in when I went to todays game <_<

It's just a shame it's not a five match series.

Indeed. A decision likely to bite England on the arse.

Oh deary deary me.

6/2 - Strauss leaving a straight ball there and plummer than a plum in a plum factory made from plums.

Looks like tonight will be the last night as Number 1 for a while.