The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Is anyone else watching the T-20 finals day? One of the games between Leicestershire and Lancashire has ended in a draw, and they are playing a one over penalty shoot out to decide the winner. Chaotic scenes. Nobody seems to know the rules, but brilliant entertainment.

• 1 month later...

Graham Dilley has bowled his last over at 52, :(

Headingley '81 is an iconic moment in UK sport - and part of the first test series that I can actually remember.

• 3 weeks later...

England have won the toss in all five of the one dayers being played in India. Cook has in fact won 10 of the last 11 spins against Dhoni. Wonder when the Indian skipper will twig Cook is using a double headed coin.

Edited by RedWeb

I'm sure Dhoni is quite happy for Cook to win the toss and then lose, quite convincingly, the game.

Booked my tickets last night for Days 1 and 2 of the South Africa test at Headers next August - cannae wait. :)

Edited by drs

• 3 weeks later...

I see that horrid old conservative, Peter Roebuck has commited suicide in South Africa, where he was covering the Australia tour. Amongst the eulogies, I wonder who will be brave enough to mention the physical abuse cases?

Peter Roefuck - Gone.

Edited by Savage Henry

Now now, just cos the old nonce liked caning the buttocks of 19 year olds who were attending cricket lessons it didnt make him a bad man :rolleyes:

Edited by drs

Test championship pushed back to 2017 :unsure: I guess it will be quietly dropped sometime in the next 6 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/15803140.stm

Death has been announced of Basil D'oliveira. Hugely influential cricketer of his day. He was probably the catalyst for the banning of South Africa from world cricket.He was a very good cricketer and and for all the controversy that surrounded him in S Africa and in England , he maintained a dignity that many sportsmen today would do well to emulate.

• 1 month later...

Looking at the pictures of Cookies wedding yesterday and the bride is described as a model - what of? :unsure: