The Cricket Thread

bewlay

England are good. No denying that. However, there is no excuse for India's lack of application. They should be embarrassed to pick up their match fee.

On the plus side as a White Rose supporter its good to see Tim Bresnan doing well.

I'm saddened that Tremlett is joining Trott on the injured list for the third test, but I suppose it makes the job of the selectors that bit easier. I'd like to see Finn replace Trott, but it looks like Bopara will get the nod as England persist with the four man attack. The form shown by Prior, Bresnan and Broad shows they are more than capable of batting at 6-8.

Howzat!

My hotel in Brum is 2 streets away from where they were rioting last night, hotels have been told to lock front doors and the BBC team have been told not to go out of an evening - I think I'll stay at home, b*****ds!!!:angry:

Howzat!

My hotel in Brum is 2 streets away from where they were rioting last night, hotels have been told to lock front doors and the BBC team have been told not to go out of an evening - I think I'll stay at home, b*****ds!!!:angry:

Cracking bit of work. Incidentally is there a time limit the ball must remain in someones hand for a catch to be legit? I remember an incident with Herschelle Gibbs where he took a catch but dropped the ball as he went to celebrate and subsequently the lad was given not out. The rules must have changed.

Is the test in any danger? Are you going along to this I assume. Sorry to hear that.

Rioting last night was near hotel and the informaion coming out of Brum this morning was worrying and now there are apparently more clashes going on - gutted to miss the game but my safety comes first.

Sometimes its good to be a coward :huh:

Cook was great again today. India just look a shadow of their team from a year ago!

I think England are just crushing them. Unquestionably the best team in the world. But it doesn't excuse India's rather farcical fielding. Wouldn't be surprised if they were on the take, frankly.

This is a freaking disgrace - best team in the world my arse (india that is).

Three tests in and this has been a touring side that would struggle against Bangladesh, the bowling look worse than many a county side and the batsmen just cant seem to cope with the conditions.

Sachin run out backing up, very unfortunate but once Again India limp past 100. They haven't done anything good enough is this series. Kumar is the only bowler I would give pass marks to and well the batting has been terrible for a team that's meant to be number 1 in the world, not any more mind. Their fielding is simply terrible, even Dravid in the slippers has been poor, considering he has the most catches in teat cricket I'm sure I read.

England get better and better and their team is almost set in stone when everyone is fit:

Cook

Strauss ©

Trott

KP

Bell

Morgan

Prior

Bresnan/Finn/Tremlett

Broad

Swann

Anderson

Obviously if Tremlett or Finn comes in the order changes but Bresnan should be first choice. Bell has had some nice knocks at 3 and prefers it but Trott is pretty reliable in there. A great batting and bowling line up however I sti have apprehensions about Broad and Bresnan. They have been outstanding this series but Broad in particular goes through terrible patches. Hopefully this is the making of him and he cuts out his excessive use of the short ball.

Matt Prior MOTS at the moment for me. Best wicket keeper in the world. Anderson at number 2 for his sheer consistency.

Sachin run out backing up, very unfortunate but once Again India limp past 100. They haven't done anything good enough is this series. Kumar is the only bowler I would give pass marks to and well the batting has been terrible for a team that's meant to be number 1 in the world, not any more mind. Their fielding is simply terrible, even Dravid in the slippers has been poor, considering he has the most catches in teat cricket I'm sure I read.

England get better and better and their team is almost set in stone when everyone is fit:

Cook

Strauss ©

Trott

KP

Bell

Morgan

Prior

Bresnan/Finn/Tremlett

Broad

Swann

Anderson

Obviously if Tremlett or Finn comes in the order changes but Bresnan should be first choice. Bell has had some nice knocks at 3 and prefers it but Trott is pretty reliable in there. A great batting and bowling line up however I sti have apprehensions about Broad and Bresnan. They have been outstanding this series but Broad in particular goes through terrible patches. Hopefully this is the making of him and he cuts out his excessive use of the short ball.

Matt Prior MOTS at the moment for me. Best wicket keeper in the world. Anderson at number 2 for his sheer consistency.

Think they need more runs from Strauss.

I think everyone agrees its been a piss poor India side that went out of date circa 2009.

I would like to see how the current England team do against South Africa, Morkel and Steyn are tremendous bowlers and their batting line up is a match for the English.. Although not to take anything away from England, its been a brilliant last two years and they have now humiliated both Australia and India.

MOTS - Stuart Broad, basically for his change from the Sri Lanka tests and his consistency with both bat and ball

Michael Vaughan was quite right when he said if Bangladesh had been as poor as India then we would be questioning why they were allowed to play test cricket. He then described them as garbage..Just Garbage. You really cant argue with that.

Delighted that England have reached No1 but i just wish India had been able to push them and make more of a game of it. It was all just too easy.

Finished the league today and another win meant we kept our 100% record. Tomorrow is a huge day for the club as we play in the SCU trophy final against national league Dumfries. We are huge underdogs at Stirling tomorrow but you never know. Mon the hoose! As someone who congratulated us on the league win said, keep cricket working class laugh.gif

Stuart Corbet-Byers or a Alan Davidson 50 to take it for Dumfries, ;)

What a tough shift we had! Playing a team who are currently in play-offs to reach the Premiership of Scottish Cricket was always going to be hard, but we never let our heads go down and although the result may look like a drubbing, we held our own for long periods of the match.

APD Dumfries 243-7 50 overs

McBride 78

Breetzke 50*

Law 2-25

Fauldhouse 169 all out 41 overs

Sandhu 39

Mahon (who also plays with Whitburn juniors laugh.gif) 28

Ali 27

Mildren 8 ph34r.gif

But aye congratulations to Dumfries they were the deserved winners but a great day for everyone at Fauldhouse and i'm sure the Dumfries players won't forget the atmosphere created by our crowd in a hurry wink.gif