The Cricket Thread

bewlay

14 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Depends if you're an optimist or a pessimist. 

If Zimbabwe win, we can still win on Friday and go out on NRR, which we can't if WI win. A WI win today does at least keep it in our own hands (weather aside)

However if Zimbabwe win, we can also lose and go through on NRR if WI beat Ireland by a relatively narrow margin and we don't get absolutely hammered by Zimbabwe.

Looking at that forecast I posted earlier I think both games will go ahead, ours might be shortened. 

I go for a firm pessimist when it comes to Scotland.

WI have actually managed to put up a defendable total so who knows what will happen.

Would much rather WI win so we know a win on Friday will see us through.

If my hurried calcs are right, if Zimbabwe lose (as the most they can score in a losing cause is 152 which would give them a NRR of 0.750 to our 0.759) we'll go ahead of them on NRR which would help in any weather based scenarios.

Still in the balance though, run rate isn't an issue for Zimbabwe but wickets in hand is

Edited by Fuctifano

4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

If my hurried calcs are right, if Zimbabwe lose (as the most they can score in a losing cause is 152 which would give them a NRR of 0.750 to our 0.759) we'll go ahead of them on NRR which would help in any weather based scenarios.

Still in the balance though, run rate isn't an issue for Zimbabwe but wickets in hand is

I came here to post the same thing, having just worked it out in a spreadsheet. Zimbabwe are now 82-6, West Indies would have needed to have bowled out Zimbabwe for 80 or less to surpass our run rate.

I expect WI to come through this game now, which makes it pretty simple.  Lose on Friday and we’re out, but we are through with a win or a no result. 

Ireland currently laying waste to the West Indies, 69 needed off 71 with 9 wickets in hand. 
Looks like no weather issues for later on, so we're going to have to win (or tie) 
And they got there with the 9 wickets still in hand and 15 balls to spare.