The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Best final I can remember since the last one Hants won.

Travesty that Nick Knight leads the coverage along with any other old T20 jobber they can get while Bumble isn’t involved and Nasser & Atherton are being saved for ODIs & The Hundred.

Also chastened to add the Blast is just a better competition than the Hundred.

11 hours ago, PB1994 said:

The blast final has turned into a cracking game. Thought Lancashire were going to stroll it.

Gutted, thought we had it in the bag. Old Trafford is going to be fun today, 30 degrees all afternoon.

Mark Wood turning up for his local club game and knocking stumps all over the gaff.

Imagine getting to the ground and finding out he is in the bowling line up 😂

Edited by PB1994

Mark Wood turning up for his local club game and knocking stumps all over the gaff.
Imagine getting to the ground and finding out he is in the bowling line up [emoji23]
Used to be a right pain in the arse turning up to play someone's 2nd XI and they had a ringer in from the 1sts because they couldn't travel to the away game that day. Even worse when there's no umpires.

I miss playing, I'm due another comeback.

23 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Used to be a right pain in the arse turning up to play someone's 2nd XI and they had a ringer in from the 1sts because they couldn't travel to the away game that day. Even worse when there's no umpires.

I miss playing, I'm due another comeback.

We had those exact circumstances in a game earlier this year. Their 1s skipper and opening bowler in their 2s. Took 5 in his first 6 overs. Cheers for coming 🙄

The same goes for when teams used to rock up to East league games with pros. Total waste of time. Although, it's sweet on the odd occasion when you get them for nowt.

We have a team here in the Memphis league that likes to bring in a ringer or two, ex WI international Ricardo Powell being one. I had him dropped twice off my bowling in the first over, then our captain got smashed off him for 30 in an over, and got him out on the boundary with the final ball and celebrated like he was prime Warne. I got a warning for shouting c**t that day.

I much prefer the Blast- I never got the appeal of the Hundred at all. 20/20 works really well, so why f**k about? Just refresh it to ramp up the women's game, and keep it all together.

Anyway, stokes had retired from 50 over ODI cricket.

Seems like a sensible move, given her needs to focus on the test team and then cash in for the franchise events.

Small Clubs Cup used to be a hotbed of ringers. My outfit used to get to the latter stages far more frequently than we had any right to, and every single year the same couple of teams would pitch up with a couple of 'surprise' recruits. Usually young Asian professionals, but I saw a few ex-WI players, and once a guy who had played county 2nds down south. Used to take it as a compliment that they felt they had to go that far to beat us.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Mark wood commentating on both BBC TMS and also sky sports TV.

I didn't think anyone worked for both simultaneously.

The man has a book to promote!

No idea if he has actually mentioned that on either tbf.

Edited by PB1994

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Not that I heard.

Why has he written a book? He's pretty young and still in guess prime.

No idea, something to pass the time while injured maybe.

I watched a promo video he posted on Twitter last night and I still don’t really have a clue what it is about but he seems like a good lad and that it could be worth a read.

I love how sky are talking as if England are choosing to bat slowly here. They've been trying to get it off the square for ages but are unable to (either due to the difficult pitch or the quality bowling or a combination of both).

"England shouldn't leave it too late to hit boundaries"

Whit? This is not a tactic. They're well goosed here.