The Cricket Thread

bewlay

The umpires are getting a right BOOOOOOOOOOOOO here from the fans.

So it's going to be Bells word vs whoever called "over". That'll be interesting!

Has Bell not got history for crazy outs, being a bit lazy etc? Or am I thinking of someone else?

TMS Inbox stuff is absolutely brilliant - "spirit of the game, what what" - what law does that come under again?

Edited by mozam76

Oh dearie dearie me, this is not cricket.

Thats the worst response I think I've ever heard at a cricket game.

It's BELL -

he's back, the Indians have backed down :D

I've got tickets for Days 1 and 2 at the next test in Birmingham - if its a tenth as good as the first two games then it'll be an amazing couple of days,

Strauss and Flower asked the Indians to reconsider their appeal and the Indians agreed to withdraw the appeal.

Left the umpires out of it.

I've got tickets for Days 1 and 2 at the next test in Birmingham - if its a tenth as good as the first two games then it'll be an amazing couple of days,

Sport being played by the best in their field is always a pleasure. Unfortunately it's in Birmingham, which means going to Birmingham and paying Edgbaston prices. But it'll be entertaining.

...and here is Sir Geoffrey to call Bell an idiot :lol: He's not happy, he thinks Bell made a bad mistake.

Strauss and Flower asked the Indians to reconsider their appeal and the Indians agreed to withdraw the appeal.

Left the umpires out of it.

Well done to all concerned it's the right thing.

Bell's idiocy seems to have been forgotten very quickly. Happen to think he is a very lucky batsman.

Yes quite. They've just shown the English team's past history in similar situations - both victims and aggressor. Neither time was the appeal repealed. Bell is very lucky, but hopefully this is how all future incidents will play out.

Geoffrey is in a fighting mood - he's having none of it and is sticking it to Bell and backing the umpires first decision.

...and there goes Bell (honest this time, we're not kidding)

Indians all shaking his hand as he goes.

The fact its only day 3 means England are in no rush at all. Sometime after lunch tomorrow will be the time to put the Indians in. Obviously they dont want to leave themselves short.

oops.gif Forgot it started on Friday.

Definitely get as much on as possible.

Boycott was spot on it was poor on Bell's part, that said credit to India it was really good to see and it makes me warm to them slightly.

Overall they, India, fell to bits today. 417 in one day on that pitch? it might have slowed up but not to that degree they really don't play with any intensity and minus Khan I think this series could be 3-0 unless India up it, a lot.

Bell was out, the first time, and that's that. The fact that England, the team and the fans, spat the dummy I think was a bit embarrassing. You could see Morgan's reaction and i actually think Bell realised too but had to keep walking.

Well played the Indians for reinstating him in the spirit of the game. Great day of cricket.

Bell was out, the first time, and that's that. The fact that England, the team and the fans, spat the dummy I think was a bit embarrassing. You could see Morgan's reaction and i actually think Bell realised too but had to keep walking.

Well played the Indians for reinstating him in the spirit of the game. Great day of cricket.

Every team would have done the same, in fact if it was in India against India there would have been a riot.

One of the few times I've watched the highlights on Five, after having watched much of it live. What a day it turned out. Some phenomenal batting from Morgan and Prior, although to say the Indian heads were down is an understatement. I'd have thought the incident with Bell would have had the opposite effect.

Moving on to Bell - he seems a bit of an arrogant twat. He doesn't seem to realise how lucky he is. He was out, pure and simple, spirit of the game or not.