The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Love the game watched that last night awesome.

Anybody going to Scotland England match in Edinburgh?

Its the 1st international betwen the 2 sides and it will not be on the telly.shame on you bbc

Guest The Phoenix

Elliot Run Out. :o

Oh dear - we sure ain't heard the last about that!!!

NZ will not be happy - even if they do go on to win.

Collingwood admitted afterwards he made the wrong call.

He should be forced to hand back his MBE....cheating cnut. Using some other incident does not in anyway lessen his shameful cheatingness. Don't forget the cheating twats were at it a couple of games ago when their go slow robbed NZ of a win at Edgbaston. England are a disgrace and Captain Cheat should be punted....shocking :huh:

Whatever your opinion, it's certainly not cheating.

Cheating (also called gulling) is an act of lying, deception, fraud, trickery, imposture, or imposition. Cheating characteristically is employed to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own interest, and often at the expense of others

CHEATS !!

:D

Aggers for goodness stop it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/fungames/audio/legover.mp3

I cannae find the clip of Angus Loughran (Statto from Fantasy football) taking the chair out to the wicket for Boycott to sit on as he blocked the ball for three hours...he was about 17 in it....brilliant idea!!!

brilliant test match special

used to be really excellent :D

seriously? one of the most unsporting things i have ever seen. something i would definately not expect in cricket. cheating no but it certainly was a cnuts trick.

Napiers knock last night was superb.

Huge difference between unsporting and cheating, as I said earlier, bit rich of the Kiwi's to have a hissy fit over it too after what they did.

Guest The Phoenix

Two wrongs don't make a right Kulli.

Collingwood had every chance to withdraw the appeal and it was patently clear that several England Players were totally embarrassed - most notably Sidebottom.

Technically not cheating because the rules allow for it but it is one of the more flagrant acts of unsporting behaviour that I have ever witnessed.

That's saying a lot because I played most popular sports at a competitive level for many years and wasn't adverse to trying to make the most of every situation to secure victory.

English Cricket will be the poorer for Collingwood's action for some time to come and he should have to pay the penalty - stripping him of the one day captaincy would do for starters.

English Cricket will be the poorer for Collingwood's action for some time to come and he should have to pay the penalty - stripping him of the one day captaincy would do for starters.

Totally agree but it won't happen. For many years I have followed the fortunes of Yorkshire and the word amongst most Yorkie fans is that Collingwood is renowned for his lack of class and unnecessary levels of gamesmanship. It's not the first time he's been "at it" and it won't be the last.

Edited by RedWeb

yep i know there is and i never said it was cheating. i am not sure what incident you are referring to so can you give a brief outline of it please?

Sangakkara was batting with Murali, he hit a 2(I think, might have been another scoring shot) after they had completed the run that borough up his 100, Murali walked down the wicket to give his a hug/shake his hand. The Kiwi fielder threw the ball in, McCullum whipped the bails off, and they appealed.

http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2006/dec/09murali.htm

Can't find the video. No apology from them afterwards either.

Two wrongs don't make a right Kulli.

Collingwood had every chance to withdraw the appeal and it was patently clear that several England Players were totally embarrassed - most notably Sidebottom.

It should temper the Kiwi's huff's about it though.

Edited by kullibino