The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Supported England from up here for a good 5/6 years now, can remember Finn bursting onto the scene, taking wickets and generally terrifying batsmen with pace and bounce. Absolutely delighted that he's been given another chance in the side, and hoping he can continue to bowl like this and cement a place.

I like Tufnell.

I'd ditch Vic Marks.

I like Marks.

I'd ditch Simon Mann.

Vaughn is excellent. And, despite being an absolute arse as a player, Glenn McGrath is disappointingly good.

Edited by Savage Henry

As much as you want to dislike them it's no real surprise Warne and McGrath are excellent broadcasters.

Alan Shearer was an excellent player, but he's an insufferable buffoon as an analyst.

But yeah. It's more how personable they seem to be that surprises me. Damien Martyn is another one who was a dick as a player.

Aye, not just for being great players, you always felt the two of them had fantastic cricket brains. Both of them would've taken it as a huge insult if the captain was setting the field for them.

Edited by AberdeenBud

As much as you want to dislike them it's no real surprise Warne and McGrath are excellent broadcasters.

Warne is. But his favouritism towards his mates grates a bit. He's clearly livid Haddin isn't playing.

Brilliant stuff from England today.