The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Been quite an afternoon. India collapsed after lunch and lost 4 quick wickets to go 340 odd for 9.

Since then the final partnership of tail enders Shami and Kumar have put up quite a stand, and India are on 384-9.

Very nicely poised at the minute.

Edited by Lex

Good stat that England last scored 50+ for the last wicket in 2008 and have conceded eight since then. Agar got his 98 on this ground last year. This isn't even a tailender slogging, or a batsman nursing the strike, this is just #9 and # 11 playing at a normal pace. Probably taken the game away from England, 350 would have been a score they could try and put a bit of pressure on.

Edited by Fuctifano

Astonishing stuff really. This England team really has no back bone at all, and it's because of the captain.

India 432-9 at tea, a last wicket stand of 87.

Draw or India win. I don't see Cook seeing the next series as captain.

I'm not sure I see Peter Moores lasting in the job either. I can guarantee this Trent Bridge wicket wouldn't have happened under Flower's watch.

Edited to add: Alistair Cook is a fine, fine batsman. He just looks like a lousy captain. That said, Strauss was even more conservative and England did just fine with him.

Edited again: let's watch England fall to 24-2 by close.

Edited by Savage Henry

edit as original post was incorrect re: 9 centurions

It has only been done five times previously in Tests, by New Zealand against Australia in 2004-05, a World XI against Australia in 2005-06, South Africa against New Zealand in 2005-06 and India twice, versus Australia in 2007-08 and England in 2012-13. No team have ever fielded 10 centurions."

Edited by Fuctifano

Alistair Cooks place in the batting line up has to be under threat, he's been absolutely abysmal at the crease since Australia.

Was a bizarre dismissal aswell. Straight on leg stump, he seemed to walk away from it. He's mind's totally gone, the selectors need to put him out his misery.

Draw the most likely here I'd guess, pitch is set up for 5 days play, not a result.