The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Good comeback from England, that pitch looks as if it's almost turning too much for the spinners, can't find the edge with the ones that bite.

When Pietersen's got his head straight, he's a brilliant player. With Cook playing as well as he is, today's play was magnificent to watch. I think all cricket should be played on this pitch.

That's two fantastic, gripping days play. I love test cricket.

Edited by Savage Henry

We'll find out about the relative strengths of the England and Australia teams quite a lot over the next few years, there are Ashes series in 2013, 2014, and 2015. huh.gif Still think Australia's batting is as weak as I can remember it, especially in foreign conditions, and they do seem to have a few decent young quicks if a bit injury prone.

Was looking at the future tours programme on the basis of going to the next West Indies- England Test series but it's not til April 2015, thought it was 2014. Might as well plan another holiday then!

We'll find out about the relative strengths of the England and Australia teams quite a lot over the next few years, there are Ashes series in 2013, 2014, and 2015. huh.gif Still think Australia's batting is as weak as I can remember it, especially in foreign conditions, and they do seem to have a few decent young quicks if a bit injury prone.

Was looking at the future tours programme on the basis of going to the next West Indies- England Test series but it's not til April 2015, thought it was 2014. Might as well plan another holiday then!

Indeed. In England, I'd make England significant favourites over everyone but South Africa.

Another one for Monty - one for a ten spot :D

India now in terms of the game are 6 for 6. Surely even England cant muck it up from here.

Hedley Verity, who has a Wetherspoons named after him in Leeds, is the only previous England spinner to take 10 wickets in a match in India.

Monty is going bonkers at the moment for every single chance, superb! :lol:

....and another one bites the dust!

24/7

Monty takes 10 in the match

Edited by drs

Over and done.

So onto Test 3 and do you change a winning team and bring back Bell?

What about Bell for Patel with KP and Trott filling in for a few overs for all the contribution that Patel actually makes. Also Finn for Broad

Wouldn't be at all against dropping Patel. He and Bairstow are pretty much a push with the bat... he's only playing due to his bowling which is better than part-time.

Whoever you play out of Broad and Finn won't get wickets... so I think Broad gets the nod. Every time I think Broad's shite, he comes up with a brilliant spell of bowling, and he's vice captain, so I suspect he'll play.

You don't want to make wholesale changes... Bell in for either Bairstow or Patel and that will be it, I suspect.

Wouldn't be at all against dropping Patel. He and Bairstow are pretty much a push with the bat... he's only playing due to his bowling which is better than part-time.

Whoever you play out of Broad and Finn won't get wickets... so I think Broad gets the nod. Every time I think Broad's shite, he comes up with a brilliant spell of bowling, and he's vice captain, so I suspect he'll play.

You don't want to make wholesale changes... Bell in for either Bairstow or Patel and that will be it, I suspect.

Bairstow a better fielder, and I think offers more with bat. My thoughts on Finn are that it's a fairly flat track at Eden Gardens and maybe his extra pace and bounce might just get a bit more than Broad.

I am a fan of Broad but he is really off colour at the moment, though as you say everytime it looks like he will be binned he pulls an astonishing performance from somewhere.

As long as the England performance is comparable with what we have just seen then I will be delighted regardless of who is playing.