The Cricket Thread

bewlay

So you now know more about cricket than virtually every pundit in the game, aye right :lol:

Er... no i was merely repeating what a lot of the experts have said about the headingley pitch, as well as pointing out how even Warne, the greatest player even to play the game IMO and my cricketing hero can call it wrong at times.

So KP has had a change of heart and now wants to play in all forms of cricket. I think ,while he can be a great player, he sees himself as the star player. Bigger than the team. And to be honest he hasn't made that many runs, apart from the last century. Still we shall see there does seem some bad blood between him and the dressing room. Twitter in the background again.

"You just dropped the world no one spot"

To paraphrase Warne.

Now I can get back to really hating England again. biggrin.gif

Simon Jones and Kev meant I kinda liked seeing them do well. But now its back to enjoying the Saffies give them a proper 'harde klap'

Edited by dorlomin

I think England will emerge stronger from this. Pietersen sounds like a total arsehole.

On another note, Scotland U-19s lost a close one to Afghanistan this morning. Had the run chase well under control then crumbled late on.

Edited by H_B

I think England will emerge stronger from this. Pietersen sounds like a total arsehole.

On another note, Scotland U-19s lost a close one to Afghanistan this morning. Had the run chase well under control then crumbled late on.

One good showing against the Kiwi's, one ok against Pakistan and one disappointing against the Afghans. A few of that side have the potential to be very good player.

Oh deary deary me.

6/2 - Strauss leaving a straight ball there and plummer than a plum in a plum factory made from plums.

Looks like tonight will be the last night as Number 1 for a while.

Oh deary deary me.

6/2 - Strauss leaving a straight ball there and plummer than a plum in a plum factory made from plums.

Looks like tonight will be the last night as Number 1 for a while.

Can't see anything other than a South African win now, some terrific bowling from them there in that opening spell.

England's form over the last year certainly isn't that of the best team in the world anyway. Saffers have outplayed them in every department and in English conditions.

Another 2 tests would have been good rather than a turkey shoot against the Windies earlier in the year, at least there'd be the possibility of England scraping a draw tomorrow and then the traditional end of series collapse from SA taking place.