The Cricket Thread

bewlay

India are currently embarrassing themselves away from home. Their displays against England and Australia have been nothing short of pathetic.

Yup. You've really got to question their motivation. They are making Australia look like world beaters, when in fact they are significantly weaker than England and the Saffers.

Yup. You've really got to question their motivation. They are making Australia look like world beaters, when in fact they are significantly weaker than England and the Saffers.

Whilst I agree with that, Pattinson looks a prospect and they still have a few decent batters. The Aussies will be back to haunt England again at some stage in the not too distant future.

On an unrelated note, Bob Hawke certainly worked up a thirst whilst at the SCG.

Looking at the pictures of Cookies wedding yesterday and the bride is described as a model - what of? :unsure:

Welding masks?

India have been extremely poor on tour this year, 2 years ago with the players they have they would be humping the Aussies.

A combination i guess of ageing batsmen and lacklustre bowling attack.

Same could be said about our team 2 years ago with an ageing team and basically a near enough whole changing of the guard happening with lots of retirements which is why we are now in the rebuilding stage.

India all out for 161 in the first innings of the latest test match with Australia. Yes, India are historically weak away from home but they are taking this to new levels. Making a poor Australia team look like world beaters. Duncan Fletcher may be seeking alternative employment before too long.

Have to give us credit when it is due too though, we have played very well and its not all down to India playing bad. Got to laugh at the Indian media whingeing about the WACA curators giving the wicket a traditional blessing the night before the start of the 3rd test :lol:

India all out for 161 in the first innings of the latest test match with Australia. Yes, India are historically weak away from home but they are taking this to new levels. Making a poor Australia team look like world beaters. Duncan Fletcher may be seeking alternative employment before too long.

It's staggering. I've never seen a lazier team. Pakistan, perhaps, but they were getting paid for their incompetence. India are just doing nothing. They remind me of England in the early 90s, one of the worst fielding teams in international cricket. Sadly, you do have to wonder if everything's above board, because they are getting thrashed by a distinctly ordinary Aussie side.

Sadly, you do have to wonder if everything's above board, because they are getting thrashed by a distinctly ordinary Aussie side.

In their previous home series the Aussies drew with NZ. They have followed this up with 3 innings victories against India. Latest match lasted less than 3 days. Australia may be improving but the Indian performances have defied belief.

Win the toss, bat, and. 52-5 at lunch. Seems like old school sub continental cricket, a couple of token overs of pace to get the shine off the ball then spin all the way.

Aye not much better now 120-7

More wickets fell on day 1 than there were spectators at the game :unsure:

poor batting by England.

I'm watching the highlights now and a close inspection of Ajmal's 'mystery ball', the teesra (it's an arm ball) reveals that he is chucking it. The bend of his elbow is quite obvious, and if anything it's even worse when he bowls the doosra. Whatever I may think about Ajmal's variations, England's batting was woeful. It's not as if the ball spun prodigiously.

post-129-0-86158300-1326835527_thumb.jpg

I'm watching the highlights now and a close inspection of Ajmal's 'mystery ball', the teesra (it's an arm ball) reveals that he is chucking it. The bend of his elbow is quite obvious, and if anything it's even worse when he bowls the doosra. Whatever I may think about Ajmal's variations, England's batting was woeful. It's not as if the ball spun prodigiously.

post-129-0-86158300-1326835527_thumb.jpg

the bend in the elbow is f**k all to do with chucking as long as it doesn't straighten. if it's under 15 degrees it's fine. he's been cleared twice by the ICC. it's so depressing, every time a pakistani bowler finds us out he's accused of cheating, we never claim the aussies or saffers are cheating, there is definitely racism behind this, same with murali.

the bend in the elbow is f**k all to do with chucking as long as it doesn't straighten. if it's under 15 degrees it's fine. he's been cleared twice by the ICC. it's so depressing, every time a pakistani bowler finds us out he's accused of cheating, we never claim the aussies or saffers are cheating, there is definitely racism behind this, same with murali.

Agrre with this.

Nice to see KP is back to his best with another pathetic duck in the second innings. Why is this man incapable of playing a sensible innings for England?

Oh dear! :angry:

England's top 6 batsmen amass 143 runs between them in the match. :o

Whenever dropping an out of form KP is brought up someone always says "form is temporary, class is permanent" well it looks like his class is gone and his permanent form is classed as mince.

Edited by drs