The Cricket Thread

bewlay

I'm aware that this thread is mostly for discussions of Cricket on a professional level, but how many of you guys actually play, and if so, who for? would be interesting to see if I've done battle with a few on here tongue.gif

I used to play for Stirling County before leaving the country this winter.

Incidently a great knock from Kyle Coetzer today to give the Saltires a chance of their first win of the season.

simone wilde in the sunday times today rated the england and indian teams out of 10. england won by a couple of points :lol:

england won in categories of opening batsmen, pace attack and spinner.

wicket keeper and middle order were draws :lol:

so prior is as good as dhoni and trott, kp, bell and morgan are even with sachin, v.v.s, dravid and rainia. oh dear.

simone wilde in the sunday times today rated the england and indian teams out of 10. england won by a couple of points :lol:

england won in categories of opening batsmen, pace attack and spinner.

wicket keeper and middle order were draws :lol:

so prior is as good as dhoni and trott, kp, bell and morgan are even with sachin, v.v.s, dravid and rainia. oh dear.

Neither Prior or Dhoni are particularly great keepers, both steady but little more. Priors batting aveerage is considerably higher than Dhoni's, which is made more impressive given that Dhoni plays half his tests on lifeless Indian wickets.

Bell, KP, Morgan and Trott are more than a match for the current Indian middle order, Tendulkar is still a top player but Dravid is well past his prime, VVS has always been caaptable of greatness but produces it all too infrequently, and Reina still has major problems again the short baall on quicker pitches.

I'm aware that this thread is mostly for discussions of Cricket on a professional level, but how many of you guys actually play, and if so, who for? would be interesting to see if I've done battle with a few on here tongue.gif

I play for Murrayfield DAFS and if I remember correctly I played against Fauldhouse 2nds a few years back.

I play for Murrayfield DAFS and if I remember correctly I played against Fauldhouse 2nds a few years back.

Your first eleven is in our league as well, their doing quite well I think. We've been exceptional in the league and both team are still unbeaten in their respective leagues, although the 2nds had to concede two games at the start of the season due to travel issues. Things are looking good for Fauldhouse these days biggrin.gif

Say Hi to Adnan from me, I skippered him last season before he moved jobs and I moved countries.

I used to play (occasionally) for Edinburgh Uni's physics dept team. I doubt any of you will have come across us, we only ever really played "socially". I only mention it because the team has a great name: E=MCC :D

Edited to add: I'm terrible by the way! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Uncle Psychosis

Your first eleven is in our league as well, their doing quite well I think. We've been exceptional in the league and both team are still unbeaten in their respective leagues, although the 2nds had to concede two games at the start of the season due to travel issues. Things are looking good for Fauldhouse these days biggrin.gif

Good youth set up at Fauldhouse I believe. I work with Rob, who I believe has built a cricket training facility in his back garden after your clubhouse got burnt down. Top guy.

I saw Fauldhouse play a few months ago and a young lad circa 14 was taking all the wickets. I was there for football as I know the owner of the cricket club I stopped in.

Can't wait for the test v India to start! Will be a belter.

Anyone watch the show about Botham on BBC2 tonight? Willis was still a moaning faced chap back then :lol:

I saw Fauldhouse play a few months ago and a young lad circa 14 was taking all the wickets. I was there for football as I know the owner of the cricket club I stopped in.

Can't wait for the test v India to start! Will be a belter.

Anyone watch the show about Botham on BBC2 tonight? Willis was still a moaning faced chap back then :lol:

I might have been playing that game as well, aye he gets loads of wickets because all the old people he plays against are terrified to skelp him away, 14 years old but looks about 4 laugh.gif

Edited by FauldhouseJambo

So India win the toss and unsurprisingly elect to bowl first. This could be very tough for England now. I can't quite believe that the in-form Bresnan has been overlooked for Broad. The latter's bowling figures over the past 12-18 months are shockingly bad, but it seems it is impossible to drop him. It's a scandalous decision quite frankly.

So India win the toss and unsurprisingly elect to bowl first. This could be very tough for England now. I can't quite believe that the in-form Bresnan has been overlooked for Broad. The latter's bowling figures over the past 12-18 months are shockingly bad, but it seems it is impossible to drop him. It's a scandalous decision quite frankly.

I suspect they've looked at the pitch and decided they'll need as many competent bats as possible. I think if it was a batting friendly track Bresnan might well have played.

I'm thinking Anderson might play an important role yet.

I can't quite believe that the in-form Bresnan has been overlooked for Broad. The latter's bowling figures over the past 12-18 months are shockingly bad, but it seems it is impossible to drop him. It's a scandalous decision quite frankly.

nice hair goes a long way in england these days.

jenson button, scott parker, stuart broad.

mediocre sportsmen with lovely barnets.

beckham started it.

Edited by T_S_A_R