The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Watched some of this last night, did you see Gayle's innings? Some absolutely huge sixes, including one that he deposited on the roof of the Lilley/Marsh stand, awesome hitting.

Yeah, saw the highlights- some serious power there. The incident with Benn and Haddin / Johnson was quite entertaining as well, especially as they didn't mute the stump mikes during the highlights.

"Don't point your fucking bat at me, man"

Apologies for labouring a point here, but we played a bowler short just for this.

59.5 Harris to Bell, OUT, oh my goodness me, that is hideous! Shades of Adam Hollioake in 1997 as Bell shoulders arms to a straight delivery, and has all three stumps demolished!

IR Bell b Harris 5

Stumps - Day 3

South Africa 418 & 9/1 (4.0 ov)

England 356

South Africa lead by 71 runs with 9 wickets remaining

FFS - You turn off for a bit a lunchtime and when you come back it's a different game. Once again it's the lower order that've kept England in it after the batsmen underperformed and the spinner who bagged most of the wickets! I see Broad didn't get the new ball in SA's Second Innings. I suppose the big question is how the various niggles England's seam bowlers are carrying are - after 45.2 overs in the First Innings it could be another long stint for Swann.

Unless the weather intervenes I can't see this being a draw although I don't think you would predict the eventual winner with any confidence at this stage.

Day 4 - Stumps

Australia 520/7d & 150

West Indies 312 & 308/9 (91.0 ov)

West Indies require another 51 runs with 1 wicket remaining

I know it's not gonna happen but I'd love it, love it.......................

Lunch - Day 4

South Africa 418 & 80/4 (32.0 ov)

England 356

South Africa lead by 142 runs with 6 wickets remaining

Good session for England, they must be slight favourites now......................

Edited by btb

Guest The Phoenix
Day 4 - Stumps

Australia 520/7d & 150

West Indies 312 & 308/9 (91.0 ov)

West Indies require another 51 runs with 1 wicket remaining

I know it's not gonna happen but I'd love it, love it.......................

Lunch - Day 4

South Africa 418 & 80/4 (32.0 ov)

England 356

South Africa lead by 142 runs with 6 wickets remaining

Good session for England, they must be slight favourites now......................

Not sure about that, I wouldn't want to be chasing much over 200 on that wicket.

Not sure about that, I wouldn't want to be chasing much over 200 on that wicket.

I hear what you're saying but England bat down to Swann at No.9 and Ntini, De Wet, Morkel & Harris aren't the most fearsome attack - I'd fancy them to get 250 but maybe not 300.

Edit - interesting to see SA upping the tempo post lunch 37 in 9 overs.

Edited by btb