The Cricket Thread

bewlay

What a farce! Dyson really ballsed up this one. Oh well, a win is a win is a win.

Looks like the England fielders did a good job to hide the grins till the WI were off the pitch.

Viv won't be happy.

Looks like the England fielders did a good job to hide the grins till the WI were off the pitch.

Viv won't be happy.

Strauss was pretty much laughing all the way through his victory interview.

Edited to add - hope somebody got a picture of Dyson when he realised what he had done...

Edited by Jim Pansy

Strauss was pretty much laughing all the way through his victory interview.

Edited to add - hope somebody got a picture of Dyson when he realised what he had done...

I'm willing to bet he is still sitting with a pen and paper trying to prove he was right.

I'm willing to bet he is still sitting with a pen and paper trying to prove he was right.

The West Indies coach should be publicy flogged and then flogged in private just for good measure.

Was the only way England were going to win anything on this trip.

Did they even win any of there warm up games?

That was their first win in their whole winter tour schedule of India and the Windies.The cheeky schoolboy grins on KP and Strauss faces was enough to make you want to punch their faces in.I suppose they will be getting MBE's for this win :lol:

Edited by bewlay

That was their first win in their whole winter tour schedule of India and the Windies.The cheeky schoolboy grins on KP and Strauss faces was enough to make you want to punch their faces in.I suppose they will be getting MBE's for this win :lol:

HAHAHA, I really do hate that arrogant git Pieterson.

The way there playing just now surely even Bangla desh would give them a doing over at the moment.

Havn't Scotland got a 20/20 game against them soon?

The way there playing just now surely even Bangla desh would give them a doing over at the moment.

We have NZ and SA in our group.Cant see anything other than a pummeling I am afraid. :(

Incompetence of the highest order by Dyson, maybe he just felt sorry for England.

Saffers are on course for a thumping consolation win against the Aussies, ABDV has just tonked McDonald for 4 sixes in 4 balls, and McGain's figures are now 18-2-149-0. That's 8.27 an over, which is shite in 20/20 never mind tests.

As this is Australia's last test before the Ashes, I can't see them going with anything other than 4 seamers and a 5th bowler from North / Symonds / Clarke etc, spin is the one area whereEngland have an advantage.... so expect them to prepare loads of greentops to nullify it.

Incompetence of the highest order by Dyson, maybe he just felt sorry for England.

Saffers are on course for a thumping consolation win against the Aussies, ABDV has just tonked McDonald for 4 sixes in 4 balls, and McGain's figures are now 18-2-149-0. That's 8.27 an over, which is shite in 20/20 never mind tests.

As this is Australia's last test before the Ashes, I can't see them going with anything other than 4 seamers and a 5th bowler from North / Symonds / Clarke etc, spin is the one area whereEngland have an advantage.... so expect them to prepare loads of greentops to nullify it.

Job done for the Aussies to be honest in this series.The Ashes will see Lee and Stewart Clarke back also.I fancy a 2-1 Aussies win.Good bowlers can get a lot out of the flattest wicket.Also Ponting is a far superior captain.

We play them on 2nd June in a warmup for the 20/20 world cup. As already said, we have NZ and SA in our group in the tournament itself, and we play the Aussies in a 50-over match once the Ashes are finished.

Job done for the Aussies to be honest in this series.The Ashes will see Lee and Stewart Clarke back also.I fancy a 2-1 Aussies win.Good bowlers can get a lot out of the flattest wicket.Also Ponting is a far superior captain.

Pontings a great batsman, but he's a fucking pish captain! Not that Strauss is the new Brearley either!

Looks like the IPL is going to be real non event this year if it is played outside India

IPL will be staged outside India

_45589936_ipl_graphic_226x170.jpg The IPL is tthe most lucrative tournament in cricket

Next month's Indian Premier League will be held outside the country after organisers failed to secure government approval for the matches to go ahead.

The tournament clashes with the upcoming Indian general election, prompting fears over security.

An alternative venue is now being sought, with England a possible option.

"We have to move the event because of existing conditions," said Indian board president Shasank Manohar. "The venue will be decided soon."

Manohar said that all efforts had been made to stage the event in India but this had proved impossible and that discussions are underway with a number of other countries as potential hosts of the tournament.

South Africa has been suggested as the early favourite to stage the event but England is also thought to be in the running.

"We made the best of our endeavours to stage the event in India," said Manohar. "We're in discussion with some foreign cricket boards who have shown interest."

The IPL is scheduled to be held from April 10 to May 24, with the elections for the Indian Parliament's lower house taking place across the country in five different phases between April 16 and May 13.

Two proposed itineraries were made to India's federal Home Ministry by IPL organizers but both were rejected as security forces would be preoccupied with the elections.

The security agencies in states hosting matches were subsequently approached and whilst some gave clearance for the matches, others refused to sanction fixtures until the elections were over. Concerns about security have been heightened after the recent attacks on the Sri Lankan cricket team in the Pakistani city of Lahore at the beginning of March.

Why? That they managed to stifle a laugh at all was a remarkable piece of self-control. Why would they get an MBE? Cricket players hardly ever get recognised, whereas two bit footballers get them every year.

Engerland ladies win the World Cup. A feat their male counterparts can only dream of.

As for the IPL i guess SA is the favorite for that, weather still fairly good and the time difference will be a tad closer for Indian telly.

Did no one foresee the potential security problems.I assume that the date of the elections has been set for a while now.Or is everyone jittery following the Sri Lankan problem in Pakistan?