The Cricket Thread

bewlay

I'm planning on taking in one of The Ashes games next year, probably The Oval or Cardiff

Went corpie to Old Trafford last time and it was awesome

How do you go about getting Ashes tickets? Everywhere i've looked the tickets are all sold out. I can get hospitality ones no bother but little old me can't afford them just now. Do you have to be a member of the respective counties or am I just not looking hard enough?

How do you go about getting Ashes tickets? Everywhere i've looked the tickets are all sold out. I can get hospitality ones no bother but little old me can't afford them just now. Do you have to be a member of the respective counties or am I just not looking hard enough?

I am certain you can still get them.Look on the respective host counties website.They are still up for sale I think.

I am certain you can still get them.Look on the respective host counties website.They are still up for sale I think.

There are still some up for grabs but we'll probably do what we did last time and go corpie

It's a long day so you get a fair chance to drink and eat your money's worth :rolleyes:

Aussies taking control against India, although the weather might deny them- been a good game, although the lack of quality in Australia's spin department post Warne and McGill is pretty obvious- Clarke's a better spinner than White based on what I've seen. If they ever pick Symonds again they should play him at 6 and Watson at 7.

NZ getting away with it against Bangladesh reserves, after losing the first game they were 114-7 in the second, but Jake Oram single-handedly got them out of jail to 212, and now the Bangas are 106-5 in reply.

Lol at Jamie How though, a 16 ball duck in a limited overs match.

Aussies taking control against India, although the weather might deny them- been a good game, although the lack of quality in Australia's spin department post Warne and McGill is pretty obvious- Clarke's a better spinner than White based on what I've seen. If they ever pick Symonds again they should play him at 6 and Watson at 7.

Just from going by the BBC updates, the umpires are having a collective 'mare in the Indian inning.

If they ever pick Symonds again they should play him at 6 and Watson at 7.

Symonds should be back in the Australian squad soon enough, he's playing for QLD Bulls at the moment in the One -Day Cup, been doing alright aswell apparently.

I like the India- Australia series in recent years, probably more needle than any other going.

Ponting -" India are negative and scared"

Zaheer "Australia's bowlers are crap and won't take 20 wickets".

Lovely stuff, look forward to the next instalment.

The Blackcaps got out of jail vs Bangladesh under 17s (or whoever it is that plays for them now)

what a bloody horrible top though...

764270.jpg

Bad day for the Antipodeans, Australia are going to have to chase (comfortably) over 300 against India, who are 100-0 at stumps with a first innings lead of 201 in the bank as well and 2 days to play. Cameron White isn't a Test cricketer at all, he's a good one-day biffer, but playing him as a front-line bowler in a 5-day match in India is throwing him to the lions.

New Zealand are staring a humiliating first-ever Test defeat to Bangladesh in the face as well, Bangladesh being 258 ahead with 2 second innings wickets in hand on what seems to be a low scoring pitch.

Their just not the side they were 4-5 years ago.

They haven't got a spinner worth a place in the side now McGill's away, and their seam attack is good rather than great. Still a pretty gun batting side though.

Shane Warne will come out of retirement for the next Ashes series. You can put money on it. Well, you probably can. But the bowling from Australia is a long way short of test standard.

Aussies horsed by India :lol:

With the Aussies looking like a shadow of their former selves and England finding a bit of form under Pietersen, it should set up the Ashes to be another humdinger of a series. The Aussies will still probably win but at least it should be a lot closer than last time. Unfortunately the quality on show probably wont come close to matching what we witnessed in 2005.

Some quality quotes from the Pakistan Cricket Authority about Geoff Lawson :lol:

Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ejaz Butt said Lawson would see out his two-year term but would be out of the job the day his contract ended..

"Lawson is a useless man," Butt said in Lahore.

"But there is no use removing him now and we will allow him to complete his contract which will not be renewed."

Makes for a good working relationship I'd have thought :D