The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Anyone seen much of Mendis?Looks like he's smashing India again.

I've only read bits and pieces about him. He seems to be quite a player though. He sends down both leg and off spin and already has his first ten wicket haul.

Imagine having him bowling at one end and Murali at the other. We should get a good look at him next summer when Sri Lanks tour England.

He bowls offspin really, but bowls a ball called a 'Carrom ball' that looks like an offie but goes the other way. It's bowled from the thumb and middle finger with a flick.

Better description than mines.

EDIT - re next summer, If i were england I'd be leaving a mighty amount of grass on the wickets, however no doubt they'll produce 5 (or 4) turners.

Edited by kullibino

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think he is doing a god job. Always looks easier when you are wining. He has on the whole continued to make runs & even bowl a bit. He has motivated the squad,they were becoming stale.

Bringing Harmison out of retirement was mainly down to him. A team led by him will be no push overs. On the down side im not sure if he knows what his best line up is yet,and you can only experiment so long. Im impressed.

• 3 weeks later...

Some cracking winter cricket ahead on Sky

India vs Aussie( drawn test series ,India to win the OD1's)

India vs England(India to win Test and ODI series

Aussie vs Soth Africa( test series too close to call)

boxing day test Aussie vs SA in Melbourne

Just been on the T20 website looking for tickets and noticed that all the games are either in London or at Trent Bridge. That's a bit shit is it not? :angry: Surely it couldn't have hurt too much to send a couple of games north to Old Trafford or the Riverside :angry:

Aye bit of a bummer but it's a quickfire tournament so understandable

I was initially annoyed that our games are on consecutive days, even if they are a Saturday and Sunday, but I've come round to think it's a good thing now

Aye bit of a bummer but it's a quickfire tournament so understandable

I was initially annoyed that our games are on consecutive days, even if they are a Saturday and Sunday, but I've come round to think it's a good thing now

At least you can make a weekend of it now because i'd very much doubt they'll be playing beyond the sunday :lol:

Instead of heading to the south of England for the T20 World Cup i've decided to book tickets for the Old Trafford England - Australia T20 match at the end of August. It'll be my very first cricket match :D

Edited by Shengus Khan

At least you can make a weekend of it now because i'd very much doubt they'll be playing beyond the sunday :lol:

Instead of heading to the south of England for the T20 i've decided to book tickets for the Old Trafford England - Australia one dayer at the end of August. It'll be my very first cricket match :D

We went to the Caribbean last year knowing we'd get pumped but still had 2 great weeks B)

I'm planning on taking in one of The Ashes games next year, probably The Oval or Cardiff

Went corpie to Old Trafford last time and it was awesome

We're flying on the Friday and back Monday for the T20 - staying in the Premier Inn County Buildings, right next to the London Eye