The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Guest Ron Burgundy
To answer my own question, he was 45 and it was his last test innings!! :D

Link

hold on i'll have to go dig out some class cricketing moments....this is zer gut ja!!!

Ron, I would be delighted if you could find the classic Mike Gatting clip where he was smashed right on the nose by a Windies fast (Malcolm Marshall perhaps?) and it blew his face apart.

I hated Gatting - an arrogant b*****d of a man with a whiney voice that just really got my back up.

I was privileged to have watched live when Shane Warne bowled THAT ball. The look of disbelief on the fat w**kers face as he trudged to the pavillion was priceless.

I cannae find the clip of Angus Loughran (Statto from Fantasy football) taking the chair out to the wicket for Boycott to sit on as he blocked the ball for three hours...he was about 17 in it....brilliant idea!!!

Wasn't it Chris Tavare rather than Boycott ?

Anyways, I've got tickets for the 20/20 international at Old Trafford in June. I usually manage down south for an international at least once a year. The 20/20 England v Australia at the Rose Bowl in 2005 is easily in my top 5 sporting days out.

Will probably take in the Scotland v New Zealand at Titwood this summer too.

Guest Ron Burgundy
Wasn't it Chris Tavare rather than Boycott ?

Anyways, I've got tickets for the 20/20 international at Old Trafford in June. I usually manage down south for an international at least once a year. The 20/20 England v Australia at the Rose Bowl in 2005 is easily in my top 5 sporting days out.

Will probably take in the Scotland v New Zealand at Titwood this summer too.

your username serves you well... I think you may well be correct.

Ron, I would be delighted if you could find the classic Mike Gatting clip where he was smashed right on the nose by a Windies fast (Malcolm Marshall perhaps?) and it blew his face apart.

I remember the press conference Gatting gave before flying home. One journo asked where did the ball hit? you just had to laugh.

PS - IIRC the ball went from Gatting's nose and hit the stumps - not that he'd have been playing on.

Got my tickets for the ODI tomorrow though, should be a good day out.

It was, although other than the regular clatter of wickets it was a pretty dull game. I think even if England had got 180 it might have been close. The highlights were England's suicidal running and Ryan Sidebottom's horrible face being shown on the big screen to universal disgust.

The Caketin's a horrible venue to watch cricket (although it is good for football, and presumably rugby)- it's only used because you can get more fans in than at the Basin. I'd guess there were about 16,000 there-disappointing in itself- yesterday in a 36,000 stadium, but the Basin only holds 11,000. The atmosphere even with a couple of thousand in the Basin is tremendous though, the acoustics make it sound like much much more, and I can't wait for the test match there next month.

Just doesn't look right having it in a stadium with no pavilion or proper scoreboard etc.

Best part about this was that listening to the end of the first beasting, Arlo White and co decided that NZ winning that one was a good result for the neutral as it kept the series competitive and avoided England whitewashing them :lol:

Oh dear....

England are garbage.