The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Haven't you got any horsing to get on with? :unsure:

:lol:

Wow - what a memory! I'd forgotten about that. Probably because they weren't the only one's I pissed off. :rolleyes:

It's probably my abiding memory of being a junior playing senior cricket, you standing in the middle of the wicket setting your field as if directing traffic, as Stennys already fairly mad captain was trying to take guard.

Edited by kullibino

Guest The Phoenix
Ask Monster what happens when you grab Adam by the legs. :rolleyes:

Anyway, he's not got enough hair for that. :lol:

Intrigue - over to Monster....

Final suggestion - get him aroused and use him like a hoover tool. (I'll leave you to judge how far back you'll reach).

I also like a bit of cricket, although for me, its not a particulary good sport live. Went to see Sri Lanka vs Pakistan a few years back in a one dayer, and it was a bit boring in such a big stadium.

I love listening to test matches on the radio though, its so soothing! I did loads of project work last year with the ashes playing on the radio to keep me company through the night. Its such a good sport for radio, what with the calm commentary, the fielding positions (silly mid off??) and suchlike.

On tv though, I much prefer 20twenty, just because of the excitement. Really got into the world cup this year, and there were some great matches!

QP had a Supporters' Cricket Team in the Glasgow Evening league for about ten years, 20 overs a side thrash, great fun on a sunny night (not too many of those unfortunately).

Prefer test cricket myself, but took in most of Scotland's games in the 99 World Cup and been to county games at Old Trafford, Lords and the Oval.

Re the comment about better tv coverage, a pity that when interest in cricket reached a new high following the Ashes in 2005 the ECB promptly sold all live rights to Sky. You simply can't catch the atmosphere of a test match from half an hour of highlights on Channel 5

I caught the tail end of the England innings there in the 20/20 international against New Zealand. England made 184 for their twenty overs and Mascheranas smashed Patel for 4 successive sixes. Huge hits into the stand as well. None of this short boundary nonsense either.

New Zealand are currently getting dicked. 84/6 off 12 overs.

Without Bond England must be big fav's for the series.

Oh without a shadow of a doubt. The England batsmen should be looking to fill their boots on this tour. You could pick any random 4 people from this board and they would probably be a more dangerous pace attack than the current New Zealand side.

What's up with Bond anway? Is he injured again or is he in the bad books because of the Indian breakaway league?

Guest Ron Burgundy
I love cricket.

I used to go to the Trent Bridge test every year. Loved it. Used to play as well.

It`s way too subtle for most folk to grasp whats going on but the coverage on TV is helping hugely.

when you say subtle you have obviously not had a large Caribbean professional projecting a hard leather ball with solid stitching at your lightly protected ballsack so fast you cannot see but can hear a noise of the seam ripping through the air...I have and it was about as subtle as a breeze block sandwich :lol::lol::lol:

when you say subtle you have obviously not had a large Caribbean professional projecting a hard leather ball with solid stitching at your lightly protected ballsack so fast you cannot see but can hear a noise of the seam ripping through the air...I have and it was about as subtle as a breeze block sandwich :lol::lol::lol:

Whilst not having faced a 90mph ball from a 7ft Jamaican in a foul mood I have faced a 70mph dobbler from a medium-paced old man before and believe you me that was fast enough. It was passed me before I had time to shit myself.

I can only imagine what went through the minds of cricketers in the 80's as Holding and the rest of the Windies fasts were hurtling deliveries down face high at speeds well above safe.

Cricket is a fantastic sport. I was at England Vs West Indies test match at Durham last summer. Was good. This year i am going to a 20/20 and ODI (England Vs NZ) and a test (England Vs SA).

Also got memberships for Durham and Lancashire for my christmas so hoping to get to a few matches. And I play as well.

Guest Ron Burgundy
Whilst not having faced a 90mph ball from a 7ft Jamaican in a foul mood I have faced a 70mph dobbler from a medium-paced old man before and believe you me that was fast enough. It was passed me before I had time to shit myself.

I can only imagine what went through the minds of cricketers in the 80's as Holding and the rest of the Windies fasts were hurtling deliveries down face high at speeds well above safe.

I got fucked in the ribs by a bowling machine at 82mph...when you turn the speed up you have to knock it upwards to reduce the angle to compensate for it flying out faster.

The numbnuts operating it whisked it from the rather pedestrian 70mph :P to crazy-o-fast and at the same time managed to pick out a dark red ball instead of one of the smashing visible yellow ones......it never even touched the deck before it smashed headlong into my ribcage and I made the biggest "haaawoooahhhh" noise ever.

The bruise ended up like an archery target on my side for about a week although the skin was untouched at the epicentre of the starike...weird....bloody sore though.

Guest Ron Burgundy

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w-f5pfBgpNE

most dangerous over in history....no helmet . no thigh guard ..just a set of bollocks like two kids heads....Sir Brianj of Close...

Poofs game is it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ...Rivaldo would have needed open heart surgery to revoer after this.

How fast is whispering death....mental!!!

a button up white shirt and an elastoplast for protection...brilliant.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w-f5pfBgpNE

most dangerous over in history....no helmet . no thigh guard ..just a set of bollocks like two kids heads....Sir Brianj of Close...

Poofs game is it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ...Rivaldo would have needed open heart surgery to revoer after this.

How fast is whispering death....mental!!!

a button up white shirt and an elastoplast for protection...brilliant.

:lol::lol:

Fuckin class clip.

What age was Brian Close FFS??

Guest Ron Burgundy
:lol::lol:

Fuckin class clip.

What age was Brian Close FFS??

old...about 70 :lol::lol:

My heyday was the days of Gooch, Emburey, Gatting & co...used to love watching Curtley "show us your hose" Ambrose steaming in to bowl against England......he used to let the ball go at about 8 foot and could bounce your scrotum off a full length ball...class....Courtney Walsh ...what a man.....

The second delivery that flashed by his head would have fucking killed him....

Edited by Ron Burgundy