The Cricket Thread

bewlay

On 18/12/2022 at 07:08, Eednud said:

Best thing about Australia winning the First Test v South Africa was Warner 0 and 3. Drop the whinging, cheating c**t and never select him again.

For me it's the whinging - I mean ball tampering's at least as old as Freddie Truman's Brylcream which IIRC he was payed to use.

On 18/12/2022 at 07:08, Eednud said:

Best thing about Australia winning the First Test v South Africa was Warner 0 and 3. Drop the whinging, cheating c**t and never select him again.

Would like to see Matt Renshaw given another crack. Marcus Harris seems to be the incumbent but I don't think he's anywhere near good enough

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/01/2023 at 12:42, Swarley said:

Forecast for a bit of rain in Sydney over the next few days which will impact the New Year Test v South Africa.

There will be no play today. It's absolutely chucking it down and forecast for that all day. Rain forecast tomorrow (Saturday) but much lighter. 

Off sick so chance to watch the start of the new SA20 league. Wihan Lubbe pro for Arbroath this summer is sharing a place in the top 6 with Jos Buttler, Jason Roy, David Miller, Eoin Morgan and Dane Vilas 😂 not quite Falkland away playing with boys who've been in Devitos the night before 

44 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Off sick so chance to watch the start of the new SA20 league. Wihan Lubbe pro for Arbroath this summer is sharing a place in the top 6 with Jos Buttler, Jason Roy, David Miller, Eoin Morgan and Dane Vilas 😂 not quite Falkland away playing with boys who've been in Devitos the night before 

I heard he’s likely to appear at Grange this summer. 

2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I heard he’s likely to appear at Grange this summer. 

Yeah I've heard that too. Would be another Arbroath connection through there. He didn't seem to fancy Jofra Archer too much today but who would :lol: Dewald Brevis looks like an absolute superstar in the making 

Edited by Lichtie78

• 3 weeks later...

England go 2 down in their ODI series in South Africa.

On Friday they were chasing 299 to win and got off to a great start with Jason Roy leading the way as they reached 146-0 inside 20 overs. They collapsed from there though and were all out for 271.

They batted first today and belted their way to 342-7, aided by a whopping 34 extras including 5 penalty runs. The Saffers chased it down with 5 wickets in hand, David Miller blasting a 6 off the first ball of the last over to win it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2023 at 11:43, peasy23 said:

Gary Ballance named in the Zimbabwe squad for their T20 series against Ireland. He signed a two year deal to play for them after leaving Yorkshire.

Now has a test ton for them as well. Chanderpaul Jnr getting a double as well on a bit of a road in Bulawayo.

If anyone up and about/interested the NZ XI v England warm up game in Hamilton is on the NZ Cricket YouTube channel. Just single position camera at each end with no commentary. Likewise for the Australia U19 v England U19 series on the Cricket Australia YouTube channel

Scotland cruising against Namibia in Nepal in the first match of our final CWC2 series. Namibia all out for 153 with 4 wickets for Leask and 3 each for Sharif and Watt. 107/0 after 16 overs in reply, just 47 needed from the remaining 34 overs. Munsey on 64 from 45 balls and Coetzer 41 from 51.

Namibia also lost to Nepal yesterday.