The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Been on nightshifts so enjoying the tourney. Was disappointing for Scotland after a promising start.

Some India Pakistan match today. Had the dog out for a walk and the hairs were standing up when it got to the nitty gritty with 90k folk going bonkers. 

Frustrating that Scotland had Ireland by the throat and let them go.
Definitely think Scotland got a bit complacent when they had Ireland at 60 odd for 4.

It leaves England in a wee bit of trouble and they will have to hope the weather doesn't derail them further. It was a pretty insipid display by England, not so sure that Malan and Stokes should be that high up the order together, both have a tendency to start slowly. That's fine if your opening two start well, but not so clever when they are both out quickly and cheaply like today.

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Definitely think Scotland got a bit complacent when they had Ireland at 60 odd for 4.

It leaves England in a wee bit of trouble and they will have to hope the weather doesn't derail them further. It was a pretty insipid display by England, not so sure that Malan and Stokes should be that high up the order together, both have a tendency to start slowly. That's fine if your opening two start well, but not so clever when they are both out quickly and cheaply like today.

Stokes just shouldn’t be in the T20 side. He’s the most overrated T20 player on the planet. 

4 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Stokes just shouldn’t be in the T20 side. He’s the most overrated T20 player on the planet. 

The rain delay earlier allowed Sky to show the last over of the 2016 T20 World Cup.

Stokes chucking pies and getting hit for four 6s off the first four balls, allowing the West Indies to win, brought a rather large smile to my face

35 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Just saw the table there, how on Earth are England still 2nd in the group? Hope this is the time when New Zealand finally get the trophy they deserve.

I think SA are the team to beat. Their bowling attack is the best in the comp and with Roussouw giving QDK some back up, then they’ve now got the batting.

England will beat NZ I think to make sure they’re through and I think the Aussies are in trouble with NRR.

41 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

I think SA are the team to beat. Their bowling attack is the best in the comp and with Roussouw giving QDK some back up, then they’ve now got the batting.

England will beat NZ I think to make sure they’re through and I think the Aussies are in trouble with NRR.

Tristan Stubbs as well with the bat, they look good and Jansen gives them good balance as a genuine all rounder in T20s. That said, you know the Saffers will always Hibs it when you least expect them to. An SA v NZ final will be the best outcome because I will be genuinely happy for the winners & genuinely sorry for the losers no matter what the outcome.

40 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Making me feel old : Shiv Chanderpaul 's son getting called up for the West Indies test team. 

Making me feel older : he's 26, not 19 or 20. 

Shiv Chanderpaul was the first person I saw score a ton in the flesh. My first test match was Eng v WI at Chester-Le-Street in 2007. He was incredible that summer. 

Looked as if Afghanistan were going to give Australia a game but they've crumbled from 99-2 to 108-6 however they do have enough runs to ensure Australia can't overtake England on NRR, which means if England win they are through but a washout, tie , or loss will send Australia through (assuming Afghanistan don't somehow pull off a comeback)

59 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Looked as if Afghanistan were going to give Australia a game but they've crumbled from 99-2 to 108-6 however they do have enough runs to ensure Australia can't overtake England on NRR, which means if England win they are through but a washout, tie , or loss will send Australia through (assuming Afghanistan don't somehow pull off a comeback)

They got very close in the end, with Australia only winning by 4 runs. Rashid Khan with an unbeaten 48 from 23 balls nearly getting Afghanistan home.