The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Dean is blatantly taking liberties right from the get-go, and it's made even more obvious by the fact that Jones and then Davies are doing everything 'properly'. I have no issue at all with the bowler taking the bails off under the circumstances, though personally the first time I noticed Dean doing that I'd give her a courtesy warning. As I said, if she continues to do it after being warned, tough shit.

Edited by Boo Khaki

• 2 weeks later...

Scotland played their first warm up game before the T20 World Cup this morning, defeating The Netherlands in Melbourne.

Scotland XI (basically the A side) are in T10 action again this week, in the Championship week of the European Cricket Championship in Spain. They tasted defeat against the Dutch XI this morning, but convincingly defeated the England XI (reigning champions) this afternoon. Italy and Spain are the other sides involved, with everyone playing each other twice between now and Thursday, then a finals day on Friday. The games are being shown on freesports. 

32 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

T10???

Wait... are 60 ball slogs an actual thing at international level now?

Not really. It’s run by the European Cricket Network and is very much about growing the game on the continent. 21 nations participated across the 5 weeks, with varying standards of teams on display. It’s enjoyable background noise to pass the working day, if nothing else.

Our T20 club champions (Forfarshire this year) qualify for the club tournament held at the same venue in March. 

The T20 World Cup starts with a shock win as Namibia thrash Sri Lanka. The Namibians batted first and scored a decent 163-7, but they skittled the Sri Lankans for 108 with an over to spare.

UAE v Netherlands on just now, Scotland kick off against the Windies in Hobart at 5am tomorrow.

Just watched the end of the Australia v India T20 warm up game. India made 7/186. With 4 balls Australia requied 7 runs with 4 wickets to spare the Mohammed Shami took 3 wickets and there was a run out, the only over Shami bowled. Australia all out for 180.

West Indies 5/70 after 10.2 

Edited by Eednud