The Cricket Thread

bewlay

23 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Overton and Bairstow taking it to the Kiwis since tea
Not quite as spectacular as trent Bridge but still huge fun to see. Overton will have the best batting avg of any England player after this innings emoji23.png

Overton was extremely lucky that the Kiwis did not review the LBW howler from the umpire. Wagner was confident and he should have been given out. Bairstow was dropped on 27 by Wagner off his own bowling. Without those lucky breaks, England would have been in deep shit.

Didn't realise 'red ball reset' meant 'swing like f**k at everything'. It's different, at least.

Anyone doing the Scotland ODI's at Mannofield? If the weather is like it was today then I'm getting the deckchair out and might even risk just wearing two layers.

22 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Didn't realise 'red ball reset' meant 'swing like f**k at everything'. It's different, at least.

Anyone doing the Scotland ODI's at Mannofield? If the weather is like it was today then I'm getting the deckchair out and might even risk just wearing two layers.

I’m hoping to get up for the UAE Sunday game. 

52 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Hoping to go down to one of the Namibia games in Glasgow and going to Mannofield as well.

Overton was extremely lucky that the Kiwis did not review the LBW howler from the umpire. Wagner was confident and he should have been given out. Bairstow was dropped on 27 by Wagner off his own bowling. Without those lucky breaks, England would have been in deep shit.
Wagner absolutely wasn't confident. If anything it was him who talked them out of a review as he thought it was doing too much. I agree it was a poor decision though but England missed one on day one. A game of margins which makes it more exciting.

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

Nearly 5.4 rpo and a total of 360 is pretty outrageous at test level. Never mind against the world test champions.

Fair fucks to England to get a lead from 50 odd for 6.   Look a much more relaxed team already.  

2 hours ago, jaggyness said:

There is something immensely enjoyable about watching Stuart Broad when he's allowed to come in and throw his hands at everything. Never lasts long but a lot of fun.

He used to do this consistently before he got clunked on the head. 

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Foakes has tested positive for Covid this morning, Sam Billings takes his place.

I'm sure it's all above board but it is very convenient that he's now tested covid positive and therefore able to be fully subbed, after having a bad back for which he'd still have to come out and bat.