The Cricket Thread

bewlay

I've seen some hilarious England defeats at test level over the years, I'm genuinely struggling to recall anything worse than this exercise in pant-shitting. What an utter gang.
This was on the BBC website last week, figures will be even worse now.

Andy Zaltzman column: How current England team is surpassing previous Ashes failures - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59761497

Their next test series is against the Windies away, they'll get whitewashed in that at this rate 😂😂

I know there's two tests left here - which could get proper grim for them with Hazlewood back - but betting on coach and captain for the home games in the summer?

I'm going Gary Kirsten and Stokes.

2 minutes ago, Kima Greggs said:

England are the 4th ranked Test side in the world.

Take Root, Stokes and Anderson out of that side and they would struggle to beat the likes of Scotland.

FTFY

Honestly, England have been embarrassingly bad.

Not as bad as Fox Sports having Michael Vaughan on Commentary.

6 minutes ago, Kima Greggs said:

England are the 4th ranked Test side in the world.

Take Root, Stokes and Anderson out of that side and they would struggle to beat the likes of Bangladesh.

I think that’s a demonstration of how poor the quality of test cricket is at the moment. The top 3 are miles ahead of the rest. After that, it’s a rabble. 

5 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I think that’s a demonstration of how poor the quality of test cricket is at the moment. The top 3 are miles ahead of the rest. After that, it’s a rabble. 

This is true, India are absolutely swording SA in SA as well.

England's scores on this tour...

They showed a list of England's 10 worst Ashes innings, and today's was number 9 on the list. Steve Harmison made the point that 8 of those scores were from way back, but the bulk of this batting line up has contributed two of them, in 2019 and today.