The Cricket Thread

bewlay

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/countycricket/adil_rashid_corroborates_azeem_rafiqs_claims_against_michael_vaughan.html 

Oh dear, not looking good for Vaughan now with a senior England player putting him right in the middle of the Assam Rafiq racism firestorm. Can’t see him appearing much in the media now.

It’s just finished but the next one’s on the way. Why they’ve chosen Geelong ahead of Canberra and/or the Gold Coast or heaven forbid take a game or two to Townsville is probably down to pure greed. Hopefully cuntface D. w****r has fucked off by then.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2354581

A total of 45 matches will be played across Adelaide, Brisbane, Geelong, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney. the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 Final will be contested under lights at the MCG on 13 November 2022. The semi-finals will be played at the SCG and Adelaide Oval on 9 and 10 November, respectively.

Champions Australia and runners-up New Zealand plus England, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Afghanistan and Bangladesh as the next highest ranked teams will gain direct entry into the Super 12 stage of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022.

Sri Lanka, West Indies, Scotland, and Namibia have qualified but will start the event in the First Round. The four remaining spots at Australia 2022 will be filled via the ongoing qualification pathway, culminating in two global qualifying tournaments in early 2022.

On 15/11/2021 at 09:58, Ignoramus said:

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/countycricket/adil_rashid_corroborates_azeem_rafiqs_claims_against_michael_vaughan.html 

Oh dear, not looking good for Vaughan now with a senior England player putting him right in the middle of the Assam Rafiq racism firestorm. Can’t see him appearing much in the media now.

Vaughan still going for the “don’t back doon, double doon” defence. 

Why are Yorkshire CC up in front of the Culture and Sport Committee this morning? 

Why is racism at a single sporting club/company being investigated by a Government body in this way?  It feels like this is outside their remit.

If it's not, could they investigate a few Scottish football clubs about their bigotry and financial shenanigans?  And when I say 'a few', I mean 'one'.

17 minutes ago, The DA said:

Why are Yorkshire CC up in front of the Culture and Sport Committee this morning? 

Why is racism at a single sporting club/company being investigated by a Government body in this way?  It feels like this is outside their remit.

If it's not, could they investigate a few Scottish football clubs about their bigotry and financial shenanigans?  And when I say 'a few', I mean 'one'.

As a Commitee of Culture,Sport and Media, it is entirely within their remit. And it isn't only Yorkshire where this is happening,  more will come out. Remember a Select Committee is just that. A cross party Committee, not a government body.

Regards your other point regarding a certain Scottish football club. It is obvious that that would be in Holyrood 's remit and that historically Scottish executives/ governments have been utterly terrified to tackle this. The power they have on a society for being a football club is why Scottish society moves on unbelievably, and disgustingly slow.

It's in front of the Committee because of Yorkshire's behaviour in handling of the whole matter. 

They could probably have resolved this by now, but spent so much time and effort attempting to cover their own arse that they've brought this to a much wider audience and caused immeasurably more damage. 

I've read the full 57 page statement and all I can say is fucking hell. When it starts with his nickname off Matthew Hoggard being Rafa the Kaffir it's not going to go well. 

Absolutely zero surprise Tim Bresnan comes across as a p***k and Alex Hales too.