The Cricket Thread

bewlay

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Club cricketers against some of the best players in the world. 

This is going to be done and dusted in the next 15 minutes. 

It's hard to argue with anyone who says that Scotland simply don't belong at this world cup. 

I don't agree that Scotland don't belong at this world cup, we qualified for this. I would argue that the world cup should get rid of the super 12 and put 16 teams in it with everyone having to qualify apart from the hosts. The only way small teams like Scotland and other associated nations will improve is playing the big nations more often. 

We do belong at this level, and we do deserve to be there. We are also incredibly inexperienced at this level, so struggling to perform against the big guns is hardly a surprise. The goal has to be a better showing in Australia next year. We also need to win CWC2 and guarantee regular ODIs against test nations. The only way to improve is to regularly test yourself against the best, and that's something we simply don't get the opportunity to do at the moment.

It's easy to be downbeat at the moment, but the only real disappointment has been the Namibia game. It's only 2 days since we ran a pretty good New Zealand side a lot closer than they would have liked, or expected.

On 31/07/2019 at 20:15, Fuctifano said:

I'd love them to get Vaughan, he'd basically be a Botham replacement in terms of the barely concealed politics but he was a brilliant captain and I think he's very good on the BBC in terms of analysis; I wonder though if he sees himself being the Boycott replacement BBC staple when GB retires or dies, though f**k knows how far right Vaughan's politics will be when he's 70 😄

70 might have been too much here tbh 

Windies came out swinging hard against the Aussies and started well, but as happens to them all too often the wheels came off big time as they lost 3 wickets in 8 balls to slide to 35-3.

Gayle was first to go for 15, dragging one onto his stumps, that might be his last t20 international innings.

50-3 at the end of the powerplay.